ten - miss myna

Lois was waken up by Lily's touch. It was evident that Lily sometimes felt inadequate to her other peculiars, so it was good to say that Lily smiled whenever her peculiarity was made use of.

The 11 peculiars (and one bird) hurried to get away from the crowd of Normals who were all walking around hurriedly. The Normals took one look at them and either continued staring or jerked their gaze away hurriedly. So they continued walking, trying to ignore stares or anxious mothers telling their kids to stop pointing.

Lois felt a tug on her skirt and looked over at Rory. She looked pale and you could see through her eyes that she wasn't feeling well.
"Lo, I don't feel good," she whispered.
Lois held the young girls hand and said "We'll be to the loop soon enough, love. Don't worry." Rory just nodded slowly and looked forward.

---

They had almost arrived at the loop when the bushes rustled by them. A shadow arose on the ground though nothing could be seen. It was incredibly tall with
long tongues hanging out of where its mouth should've been.

"Hollow!" Someone screamed. Artemis threw her hands up and put up an invisible bubble for protection for them all, fear plastered on her face, matching the others. Kids were screaming and Miss Owl was flapping her wings wildly. Based of the shadow they were able to locate where the hollow was, which didn't do much. Then, slowly, there were hollow spaces where the monster's feet should be, surrounded by a layer of ice. It crept its way up the monster while it writhed around, until it stood eerily still. A layer of ice around what looked like thin air stood there. Althea.

Artemis reluctantly dropped the forcefield and slumped over towards Seth. If she could've, she would have used her forcefield the entire time if not for it draining so much energy from her.

"Lets go. We're almost to the loop entrance. Keep an eye out for them." Althea said already moving on. Enoch walked forward to help Seth carry Artemis. Even if the hollow was gone and defeated in a very short duration. the optimistic mood was considerably damaged.

The loop entrances was hard to find. Miss Owl had communicated that the way to Miss Myna's loop was behind the waterfall. They shoved Lois forward, knowing it wouldn't do much if Lois fell in or got wet. Lois didn't miss how the peculiars wouldn't stop looking over their shoulders or how Artemis struggled to stay awake in case she was needed again. She noticed how ice crept around wherever Althea's feet were, which often happened when she was anxious. After a minute of so of slipping on rocks in the cave, Lois located a passage.
"I've found it!" She said, calling to everyone else. She held the waterfall of of them while they passed by, Matthew making light for them. She tried not to laugh when Enoch slipped but burst out laughing when Lily started giggled at him. Maybe they were delusional, but everybody could barely contain their laughter. Enoch blushed.

Lois lead the way through the tunnel, dragging her hands along the rock that slowly widened the more they walked.

Miss Myna's loop was beautiful. It was really the perfect day. A willow tree swayed softly near the edge of the yard and a big house with vines creeping up the side was not far from the well. It looked like a secret garden you would read about from some old classic book in the back of the library. Wooded area surrounded it except for the waterfall on the near side of the clearing, making a stream that drifted softly in front of the house. Above all of this, flowers were scattered everywhere. Flowers of all different kinds and shapes were planted in the grass but the weird thing about it, was that they were planted one behind the other, almost like footsteps. There even seemed to be flowers planted on the porch steps.

Lois jumped back when a stern looking girl with cold eyes glared at them. She had just materialized out of thin air in front of them, which the girl seemed to think was pretty cool, and kind of faltered when the desired affect wasn't given. They have Rory, who was always popping up in front of them at any given moment. Her black hair was dutch braided down the side of her head and fell down her shoulder. She had a blade in her hand, which she saw John glance at uneasily. "Who are you and why are you here?" she sneered and gave each of them a once over glance. Lois could have sworn that something flashed through her eyes as she looked at Rory.
"The little one. Whats wrong with her?" She said, trying to mask her feeling as she stared at Rory.