Chapter Four - Ella Fordman: The Most Awkward Girl On The Planet

~~~~

Picture of Hayden (played by Lucas Till) to the side ---> 

Dedicated to TheresePenelopePasag for being a total sweetheart! 

~~~~

~Chapter Four - Ella Fordman: The Most Awkward Girl On The Planet~

"If you want to get all of the guys, you have to change your outfit,” Leslie said the next morning as I packed my bag for school. Occasionally she would come over before school so we could get coffees before school started, and she had shown up at my doorstep at seven o’clock sharp this morning for a pep talk, apparently.

I looked down at my floral skirt, ripped tights and neon-yellow blouse. “Why? What’s wrong with this?”

She shook her head, and once again I felt a pang of jealousy for her bouncy brown curls. Why couldn’t I be blessed with those? “Nothing’s wrong with them. It’s just that, well, some of the guys like to go for girls who wear more… um, skimpier outfits, shall we say,” she informed me awkwardly.

I looked down with a pout at my outfit. “You think I should change?”

“I just think you should change into something that will turn heads,” Leslie suggested.

“My outfits turn heads,” I replied, knowing for a fact that they did. Quite a few people had turned their heads at my outfit choice at school numerous times.

She gave me a crooked smile. “That’s because they’re looking at what your clothing style. We need to turn heads for the other reason.”

“Other reason?” I clarified, wanting to make sure I was on the same page as her.

She nodded. “We need you to look breathtakingly hot.”

I laughed. “I doubt I can do that.”

She gave me a strange look. “You kidding? Yes, you can! You’re smoking hot. We just need the outfit to complete it.”

“All right,” I said unsurely, turning back to my closet. Leslie was my best friend, and I trusted her opinion. “I think I have a pair of jeans in here somewhere…”

After a couple of minutes of rifling around my spacious closet, I pulled out a pair of dark red jeans, and turned to Leslie with a small smile. “This is the best I can do.”

She gave me a small smile and shook her head ruefully. “Oh, Ella. I guess it’ll do. Change into those and I’ll find the rest of your outfit.”

While I shimmied into the jeans—which thankfully still fit—I heard the sounds of coat hangers scraping against the metal railing as Leslie pushed them aside, and the sound of her grumbling as she searched for something that wasn’t so bright. I saw a tweed jacket get thrown on the ground, along with a few neon shirts and a pair of bright silver heels. I turned around and flicked out my hair just as she procured an outfit for me.