Chapter Seventeen - Ella Fordman: Bad Girls Have The Most Fun

• इन्हें समर्पित: 1olMichelle

~~~~

Dedicated to 1olMichelle for the awesome banner to the side! I love it :)

~~~~

            ~Chapter Seventeen – Ella Fordman: Bad Girls Have The Most Fun~

“Carter?” I whispered, whipping around, my eyes searching my surroundings in the hopes of finding him. I shivered, but all I saw in all directions was darkness. “Carter, where are you?”

            But he was gone, nowhere to be seen. I was alone, cold and scared, and as I stared around, the quiet and darkness descended upon me, until I felt like it was closing in from all sides, pressing in to the point where it felt like I was suffocating.

            “Carter, please,” I whispered, as the darkness drew closer and the scared feeling I felt deepened to the point of fear.

            But he was gone.

            ~          *          ~

Three hours earlier…

“So, you’re going on another date with Carter?” Phoenix asked that afternoon as the sun began to set in the sky. We had just finished another dance practice, and I was midway through stretching my muscles to ease the ache from them. We’d had a pretty rigorous dance session, with trying to complete the routine all the way through without prompts and from memory. It hadn’t gone flawlessly, but we were getting better. I was pretty confident, considering the dance was in two weeks, anyway. I was pretty confident in Phoenix’s ability to pull through. But, still, nothing had been mentioned about the night before, as if it had never happened.

I wished my brain would get the message.

I looked up from where I stood at the ballet bar, working on some hamstring exercises. “Oh, uh, yeah. Tonight.”

“You two seem to be getting pretty chummy,” he said nonchalantly, dropping a casual shrug.

“It’s not against the rules, or anything,” I replied.

“It won’t earn you any extra points, either.”

“I know that,” I replied, resisting the urge to snap at him. Why did he care so much? “But I’m not doing it for points. I’ll find my points another way. Don’t worry about it.”

“I’m not worried,” he said quickly, his voice coming out strange. “I just don’t want your end of the bet going slack on me. I’d hate to win too easily.”

I grinned at him. “You don’t have to worry about that. Even with a boyfriend I can kick your ass.”

All Bets Are Offजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें