Chapter 108 - Diwali special !!

Start from the beginning

"Kyun karte ho itna kuch mere liye? Navya told me everything."

"Acha, you girls na, tummy mein koi baat nahi rehti tumhari?"

"Bolo na Manik kyun karte ho itna kuch, har pal har bari kyun mere aur meri kismat ke beech mein deewar bankar mujhe protect karte ho, kyun mujhe khud se bhi zyada pyaar karte ho, kyun mere liye har halaat se lar lete ho?"

Manik smiled "Really? So what do u suggest? Tumhi kisi hot larki ka number do, Let me check her out.."

"Manik!!"

"What abhi you only said.. Why I love you so much..?"

"You are not allowed to love anyone else..Mr. malhotra..not even if I tell you to. Get that engraved in your head?"

"Aur agar kiya to?"

"I don't know Manik, I trust you more than myself, I know you will never hurt me but... "

"But?"

"But if u happen to like someone, I would kill her and throw her tiny pieces to wolves.."

"Oh ho.. Possessive possessive, but you know what I love this possessive wali nandini, much more than the usual mother teresa wali Nandini."

"Manik tumhe hamari pehli diwali yaad hai? At your place?"

"Yup, how could I ever forget that night..for the first time, you and me, we came close....and for the first time I realized that jab main tumhare sath hota hun, to main kuch aur hi ban jata hun...main kuch aur banna chahta hun. Nandini, you know, before you I didn't use to believe in any of these festivals. Yes I was infamous for playing some nasty holi, but I did it all for fun. But after you came into my life, everything has got a new meaning. And its kinda strange but every occasion that we have spent together takes me back to those memories.."

"Kya hum isbar bhi diwali saath mein celebrate karenge?"

"Do you doubt? Of course we will. See Diwali is still a couple of months away and who knows what all can happen till then..my Diwali might become your Diwali , or our Diwali.."

"Manik, tumhe lagta hai Amms man jayegi?" She was still apprehensive and her words came out unsure, depicting her current state of mind.

"Of course she will. Don't underestimate my impressing skills? Are I will rub off some of my charm on her and she would easily give in. Agar unki know-it-all grand daughter ko mana sakta hun to unki to yun pata lunga" Manik knew it wasn't going to be as easy he had just made it sound. But at this point he had to sound strong as Nandini had pinned all her hopes on him.

"And your papa?"

"What about dad?" Manik was surprised by this question. They had never discussed his dad, why today?

"If he doesn't like me and .."

"Nandini, tum janti ho ki it doesn't matter to me ki dad likes u or not. In fact kisi ki bhi opinion doesn't matter. Infact I am doing all this, only because you believe in your family warna to it would take me less than a day to show that bastard his place and take you away from all this. So don't worry about what my dad says or thinks. But, if you ask me honestly, if he loves me, he should love you as well. Koi reason hi nahi hai ki he shouldn't like you. So stop worrying and go to sleep."

"Neend nahi aa rahi hai Manik, I am missing you.."

Manik could easily make out that she was nervous. "Its just a matter of few more hours Nandu ... you are to my bahadur bacha, aaj kya ho gaya?"

"Pata nahi kyun par bohot bechaini si ho rahi hai... sab thik ho jayega na?"

"Age kya hoga, koi nahi janta, but as long as I am there, I won't let anyone even touch you Nandini. Not until my very last breath."