Week 1

Hey everyone! This is a new story that was inspired by something my sister told me about a T.V show. I hope y'all enjoy it. It'll be a short story with about thirteen or so parts in total. I'm not too sure how long, or short in this case, it'll be but I hope you enjoy it!! Here's the first part! 

****

| Week 1 |

It was midnight during the summer when I first saw her. She stood atop the cliff, staring out at the darkness that blanketed over the world. Only the brightness of the moon and millions of stars lit up the land around us. But she wasn't looking up at the sky. She was staring straight ahead at the open space in front.

A wind was blowing, causing her dark locks to swirl around her like ravens around its prey. Her white strapless dress, which contrasted greatly with her hair, fluttered around her knees and her pale hands were clasped behind her back. She was also barefooted but that thought didn't bother me as much as it should have because the way the light of the moon pooled around her made her seem like some angel who was floating above the ground.

"A beautiful night, isn't it?" she suddenly asked in a voice that sounded too angelic to be human. It was soft yet powerful at the same time. It was like honey and butter- sweet and smooth to the ears.

"It is," I found myself replying as I stayed several yards behind her, drinking in her view in the light.

"Everything is so peaceful at this hour. It's at this time the world seems to come alive while those which inhabit it are locked away in their homes asleep," she continued and I just stopped and marveled at what she said. I never thought of it that way before. "Don't you agree?" she asked.

"I can't say that I do but I can't say that I don't. I have never given it much thought before," I responded and I heard her give a soft chuckle.

"At least you are honest about your thoughts. Most people would just agree with anything they aren't sure of," she told me. Then she turned around and faced me. I felt my heart flutter in my chest.

Her face, which I could not imagine for it would destroy the angelic aura around her, exceeded my expectations. She had the silkiest and clearest face with plump red lips, a cute button nose, perfectly trimmed eyebrows, green eyes as bright as an emerald, and smile crinkles at the corners of her eyes as if she spent most of her time smiling at the world. This is the best way I can describe her but it isn't enough to fully describe the beauty in front of me.

She truly was like some angel sent from heaven to shine some beauty in this dark and disgusting world that had slowly destroyed itself over the years.

"Well I'm not that type of person. I prefer to speak my mind and not seem like some shallow individual who can't stand up from himself," I replied once I got over my shock. Her red lips twitched upwards into a small smirk.

"That's an interesting thing to say. Is that your pride talking, or you?" she asked and I froze with my answer.

"Are you being sexist by associating man pride with me just because I'm a man?" I asked her and then laughter filled the night air. It mingled with the wind and was carried far away across the lands, allowing its melodic sound to bless the sleeping land below.

"You are a different one. I hardly meet people like you. What's your name?" she asked once she stopped laughing. But the smile on her face remained and lit her eyes up even more.

"My name is Cade," I responded. "And you are?" I asked.

"My name is Dakota. It's a pleasure to meet you Cade," she replied as she held her hand out. The way my name rolled off her tongue left me breathless. However, I snapped out of when I noticed her hand was still outstretched. She made no move towards me. I frowned slightly at it but decided to make the first step. That's what she probably wanted anyway.

I clasped my hand in hers and felt the instant warmth spread through her hand in mine. I did not feel any tingles or sparks of electricity because this is no high school romance book. This is reality and sadly, sparks as such don't happen or exist. But her hand did fit into mine like a puzzle piece and the realization surprised me. However, I did not let go.

"It's nice meeting you too. Now tell me, what is a young lady such as yourself doing out at this time of night?" I questioned as I finally let go of her hand. She looked up at my face and blinked once slowly.

"It's only at this hour of the night I can escape and be free," she replied and I furrowed my brows.

"Escape from what?" I asked, curious on what she was talking about. She wasn't a prisoner, was she?

"Escape from my life. My reality," she replied in a soft voice and I bit my tongue to prevent myself from asking anymore questions. She was a stranger to me and I was a stranger to her. I could not ask her about something so personal when she already shared so much yet so little at the same time.

So instead of saying anything, I just stood next to her and gazed up at the heavens while she stared straight ahead without blinking. What was she seeing out there? I couldn't help but wonder that. She stared as if she were seeing something more than dark shadows and flat ground.

After many minutes of comfortable silence, she sucked in a deep breath then released it slowly. "I should probably get going now. It's getting late," she commented and I turned to face her.

"Will you be alright?" I asked and she gave me a breathtaking smile.

"I'll be fine. I always am," she replied, not to sound conceited, but to sound confident. I'm not sure how many people can tell the difference but I could and it was all in her eyes.

"Are you sure? I could help you until we reach the town," I offered as I held my hand out. However, she delicately shook her head.

"Thank you Cade but I'm honestly perfectly capable of seeing myself down. I appreciate it though," she replied as began walking away. I watched her disappear slowly but before she was completely out my line of sight, I called her name. She paused and turned her head to the side.

"Will I be able to see you again?" I asked. It was strange. I never once did this before. No woman had ever made me so curious or intrigued before that I would call and ask to see them again. For me, it was always the other way around.

"I don't know. Maybe if you come here again at midnight next week you might," she replied in a teasing tone and I involuntarily grinned.

"Then I'll see you next week," I told her and her smile was the last thing I saw of her before she was swallowed up by the darkness.

****

Well, here's part 1. It's short which is the point because this is a short story after all. But I hope you enjoyed it are looking forward to the next part! Please comment below your thoughts and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it! Thanks! 

I'll see y'all in my next update, which I'm not quite sure when it'll be, but I'll try updating at least twice a week. We'll see how that works out. Anyway, till next time! 

~Moni~