Chapter 1+2

Ava

Ava

Izzy, my federal agent friend, was not joking when she said that my new target was a tough one. I mean I know I am a hardened bounty hunter but that new case she has me on seems a little bit too tricky. Javier Passado is a notorious criminal, a drug dealer and top member of the Toltecs, a Mexican motorcycle club that rules over a wide area in California.

The Toltecs are a serious gang, with swelling members, aggressive and expanding. Javier stands exactly next to their leader, Suarez and is even the godfather of Suarez's daughter. He is a man with a temper that led to his charges of assault in feats of rage that left one man blind, one crippled and a miscarriage. My guess is he hasn't limited himself to assaults but took them one step further and has bloodied his hands more than once but nothing was proved. All this I found out hacking through my laptop and using the limited access I got as a registered bounty hunter. Seeing things with my own two eyes is a completely different thing.

It doesn't take long to find out where the Toltecs are hanging out. It isn't like they are trying to hide it, which makes me more suspicious over the nature of those Harley aficionados. I am in my car outside the Toltecs' meeting point, a nefarious bar in the outskirts of the town and I am trying to be as inconspicuous as I can in my Prius rental in a bad neighborhood but no one bothers me. It could be cause it is still the middle of the day in sunny California. My mind is working overtime as it usually does. I know well that getting Javier coming in quietly and calmly is out of the question.

Javier is guilty for nearly every offense known to the law and a few more on top of those and he doesn't care. If he was a lone wolf, no matter how tough, I could have taken him out easily. I've done it before, could do so again. But that one is top dog in a pack of vicious wolves. Plus, I am suspecting that the Toltecs have the local authorities in their pocket. If I were to surrender him to the Sherriff, he will probably let Javier go, free to put a bullet in the back of my head before I could say "reward".

I instinctively rub the base of my neck but then I see the man in question push the door of the bar open, get on his Harley and ride off alone, a practice the members of any criminal organization never follow. Am I that lucky? I wait a few minutes patiently just to avoid being noticed. At that moment, a black SUV pulls out a few cars before me and takes the same route as Javier's. I manage to take a quick look at the driver. He is a big, tall guy, seeing how he is barely contained in the spacious SUV, with a rich beard, long hair tied in a man bun and a big tattoo on his left arm.

"Now, that is not a car for a man like you." I mutter to myself before following them both.

It isn't a long ride to Javier's house and I watch as the Mexican walks into it and the black SUV park across the street one house down. I stay put and observe carefully. I know well that when a man of the underworld is being followed, it is either the feds or an opposing gang. And that guy in the SUV didn't look like a federal agent. I raise my brow at the thought. If anything, the man in the SUV looked like a bad-ass god with an evil vibe to make him delicious. Fuck, girl! I reprimand my thoughts. It is certainly not the time to dwell in the kingdom of horniness. Although it has been a while since anything but my own fingers has given me any pleasure. Focus! I press my eyes together before turning to Javier's closed door. Only a few minutes have passed since Javier closed the door of his house behind him and I see the guy from the SUV get out of his car and look around cautiously.