Chapter 3: That's My Seat...

Chapter 3; That's My Seat

My mom was crying.

She was making a big scene as we headed to the airport. My grandmother was trying to smooth her, but it seems all her attempts were hopeless.

"Oh, my baby," she wailed "I didn't think this day would come! I-I mean y-you n-nnn-never showed any signs!" Huh? My mom was making no sense whatsoever. "Until now!" She weeped from the front passenger seat. I felt bad for feeling glad that she was going to be as miserable as me while I was away. Maybe...maybe I could get her to change her mind! Hope sprung through me and I couldn't suppress the small smile spreading across my face. I covered my face with my hands.

"Oh mom I'll miss you too! Please don't cry I'll b-be fine!" I faked sobbed. Ha, all those hours of fake crying finally payed off! Take that Alexander, you used to point and laugh but who's having the last laugh now!

"See Anna, Raven will be fine." My grandmother assured my mom placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, while keeping the other one one the steering wheel. "Yeah m-mom, don't worry about me. I mean what are the odds of a plane crashing and killing me?" I said emphasizing the word 'killing' and looking at my mother. I'm don't feel great for making my mother miserable, but if I stay I promised myself to make up for it.

"Margret turn this car around! I'll help my daughter through this, I can do this! I don't need a fancy school to-" my mom was going hysterical shaking my grandmother's shoulder, but my grandmother interrupted her before she could finish. "Anna, this is what's best for Raven, and the odds of the plane crashing is one in eleven million, so I suggest calming down right now!" My grandmother demanded keeping her eyes on the road, having the least bit of intention of turning back now. Slowly my mom nodded breathing slowly, no I was losing her! "Mom, its okay if you don't want me to leave, I can stay with you. That's whats really best for me, staying here with you." I said teary eyed I reached over and touched her hand squeezing it. Please make the right choice mom, I slightly prayed.

"No, no your grandmother's right, this is what's best for you." My mom said squeezing my hand and wiping away her tear from her face with the other. Most people would admit defeat, good thing I wasn't those people. No, I had a plan. I would do or say anything to be back home. New school; you are going down. I didn't get much sleep, so on the way to the airport I slowly drifted off to catch my Z's. When I woke up my grandmother and mom were deep in conversation.

"Anna, this is what's best, this way she can find her destiny, maybe just maybe she'll find her αδελφή ψυχή. " My grandmother was telling my mother. What the hell does.... a-de-bre-he, what did she say?

"Oh Margret, you're excited too? I hoped this wouldn't happen, but the day I met Danny I..." my mother said letting it drift away. Danny? Who's Danny? I was jolted wake by my crazy grandmothers driving. She hit the brakes when a car cut her off, and started to swear in a language I didn't even know exist.

"Hey Sweety," my mother said with a welcoming smile, she looked at me with her hazel eyes in the mirror. I frowned, I'm going to miss you mom.

"Hey sleepy head, we're almost there!" My grandmother told me excited. I had a feeling she was only excited to get rid of me. I stretched and couldn't help the groan that escape my mouth, my back was killing me. Our car was a old rusty, black mustang and the seats weren't the least bit comfortable.

I was mad at Margret for awakening me, I had a fabulous dreamed where my grandmother had gotten lost and I had missed my plane, then my mom decide to give me another chance and I lived happily ever after. No wonder it's called a dream.

"Here we are!" My grandmother said excited, sounding like any teenage girl who just saw Justin Bieber. Oh help me lord! I walked towards the airport and I asked my mother for my ticket. She just laughed.