Chapter 2

I shook the thought out of my head. That couldn't happen. Dash would hunt me down, and eventually kill me. I sighed and picked up the filly.

"Sorry kid," I told her. "I'm not the pony you're thinking of."

"You sure?"

I growled. "Positive."

I heard Dash calling my name--guards thumping around outside. I sighed and opened the door. I had to confess to Dash why I did that. I began to fly up, the filly fearfully dangling in my grasp. Dash saw me and dove in my direction. I calmly flew upward to greet her.

I gasped when I saw she wasn't going to slow. She gripped the taser in her hoof and continued toward me as if it was extremely imperative. I nearly dropped the filly as I tried to stop, but I put myself in front of her, so I would take the shock.

She rammed into me. The shock and impact causing me to drop the filly. "You said you would 'do anything'!" she yelled as I started to fall.

I felt some pony's hooves around my chest as I came closer to the ground. I didn't look to see who it was. My eyes were trained on Dash. What did she mean I said I would 'do anything'?

I heard a yelp and looked down to see the filly hit the ground just below me. I was close enough to the ground that I jumped down and ran to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I had never felt this way toward any pony.

"I am to know that Scootaloo tried to save me." She said. She coughed up blood once, then closed her eyes. I couldn't feel her breath anymore. I listened for a heartbeat, but there was none.

WoodenToaster landed beside me, whom I assume was the one who caught me. I looked up at Dash.

"Why do you kill these innocent fillies and colts?" I cried, tears beginning to fill my eyes. "Why can't you just use the artificial spectra the unicorns provide?"

"Cloudsdale is meant to be a strong city." Dash growled. "That is why we rid our home of weak fliers, and taking spectra from unicorns would be like accepting weakness."

"You are terrible and murderous!"

"You were a weak flier once! I gave you a second chance. You had a disability, but I helped you overcome it! Would you rather send yourself through for them, or deal with your own emotion?"

I stared at the small blank-flank who had believed that I was Scootaloo. I looked at my own flank. Blank. I had never found my destiny. I don't remember anything before the day I woke up in a cell. The day they started to call me Absentia. Was that even my real name? Was the dead filly right about me?

"Who am I?" I whispered.

Dash laughed. "You're Absentia!" She hollered. You were born here, and never left. You've never even seen the sun, let alone the moon!"

A thought--more a memory--entered my mind. "Please, Rainbow Dash! You promised you would protect me!"

"It's too late for that, Scoots."

"Please! I'll do anything!"

I stared at Dash. "Who. Am. I?"

Dash scowled. "I just told you! What do you want, a birth certificate? You don't have one 'cause you were born here. As far as Equestria is concerned, you don't exist. Now get back to work, or I'll kill you slowly."

Now, you the reader get to choose if she should work, or try to survive.