CHAPTER 10 | NO!

CHAPTER 10 | NO!

After Farkle, Riley and Maya told Jason everything, he asked Farkle and Riley to leave the room so he could talk to Maya alone. He was confused and heartbroken. How could she not tell him all of that? He told her everything about his past and she?.. She always said:"Nothing special happened.." Jason understood that she was probably still hurting at that time back then, but they were together for two years already and she sure could have told him by then.

"Jason, I-"

"No..", Jason cut her off. "Why didn't you tell me about him?"

Maya bit her lip, "I didn't want you to feel like you'd lose me because he was my first love, he'll always be. But you're the one I love.", Maya explained.

"Really? Because if that'd be true, you would have told me. Maya.. We're engaged! I thought..- Look, I opened my heart for you, and all I ever wanted was you to open yours. I just.. Thought we'd tell each other everything.", he explained. Jason was heartbroken. What if she was still in love with him? That's what he was thinking over and over again.

Maya came a step closer to him. Jason avoided eye-contact, because he knew the moment he'd look into her ocean blue eyes, he'd start crying and lose himself.

"Look at me..", Maya whispered. Jason shook his head and turned around so his back would be facing Maya.

He knew he was hurting her right now, but she was hurting him way more.

"Are you still in love with him?", Jason asked and you could hear his voice break.

"Truth? I don't know.", Maya admitted. "But only.. Because he is my first love and he'll always be my first love. You don't forget your first love, but that doesn't change my feelings for you, because they're true."

"Why do I have a feeling what you're saying isn't true?", Jason asked while turning around so he could face Maya.

Maya groaned in frustrading, "Why does everyone doubt my feelings for you?! For god's sake, Jason! I said YES after you proposed to me, I decided to become your WIFE. I chose a life with YOU. Don't you get it? I want to be with you, not Lucas!"

"But why? He clearly loves you more than I ever could, so why!"

"Because you were there when he wasn't!", Maya suddenly shouted, which made Jason freeze for a second.

Maya took a deep breath while holding back the tears, "You were there for me the time I needed someone and you made me feel alive and happy again. After what he did to me I thought I could never be happy again, but then I met you. Ever since I met you, my life has been perfect."

"Till now.", Jason corrected.

"Stop being so stubborn!", Maya groaned frustrading, "I love you! YOU Jason! I chose you, but all I hear from you is that you don't think you're not enough for me. You know what? You're one of the best things that have ever happen to me. YOU.ARE.ENOUGH! Whether you realize it or not. I'm sick of everyone telling me how I feel. Lucas this, Lucas that."

Jason's eyes widened. He's never seen her like this and in that moment he knew, he broke her. And to know that his words were the cause of that broke his heart into million little pieces.

"I'll.. I'll take Farkle and Riley with me and we'll find Lucas and if I'm the one you wanna spend the rest of your life with, you'll come with us.", Maya now said which made Jason freeze for a second again.

He swallowed, "And if I don't wanna come with you?"

Maya raised her head and looked into his brown eyes that she loved more than anything, "Then.. I believe we're not meant to be, that I'm not meant to be your wife and that.. I'm not the one for you."