Feelings, Past, Memories And Me

Start from the beginning

I glared at her. “No.” 

Damn it!

Izzie giggled.

Okay, I’m so not talking to her from this moment on.

“Nellie.”

“Yeah?”

Damn it!

Okay, so from this moment, I’m not talking to her.

“Nellie, either you talk to me now or…” I looked at her, she was grinning like a mad man, well woman. In her hand was my heaven. Yes that’s right, she had stolen my biscuits from my bag and now she was holding them hostage.

First Mr. Snuggles Le Fuggles La Muggle and now my biscuits. This girl has no shame! No shame I tell you!

“When did you manage to take them?” I eyed her suspiciously. I remembered seeing them when I picked up my bag.

“When you were lost in your thoughts, I managed to swipe them out of your bag.” She chuckled at the very thought of it. “I know, I’m a genius!” She stuck out her tongue cheekily.

Damn! That girl was good!

“Isabel! What do you want from me?” I cried hysterically, so much it made people turn and stare. If she’s going to be dramatic, I might as well join in. Right?

“I want you to talk to me…or I…” She paused for a moment for dramatic effect. “…eat the biscuits!” Izzie broke out in an evil laughter.

Her evil laughter went on for a few minutes.

She’s gotten quite good at it, I must say.

I gasped. “No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“Okay! I’ll agree to your threats Isabel Clemence Jonah Harriet Devereux!” Izzie glared at the use of her full name. She thinks hers is bad? Pwft. You should hear mine. Its right tongue twister. My parents got a little happy with adding lots of middle names. It’s a curse. It was a right cow to learn how to write it when you’re six and everyone else could spell their own name because they got just one middle name. Lucky buttons! 

“As long,” I began again, “As you hand over the biscuits!”

“Okay.” Izzie smiled as she handed over the pack of biscuits which I put safety back into my bag.

Phew. I’m glad that horror is over now and we all got out safely. I managed to save the biscuits by saying a few words.

Forget Izzie being a genius, that’s me!

Just then, because I wasn’t paying attention, I fell down the stairs, grabbing Izzie along with me. We fell to the bottom of the floor in a heap.

Perhaps I’m not a genius then?

Oh well.

Izzie glared as she tugged on my ear. “Next time, pay attention. Oh, if you’re going to fall down the stairs, at least warn me? I mean, I have to at least get pulled down the stairs by my best friend in style!” She gave a little tut. “But that was just a mess!” She wasn’t mad at me because I had just pulled her down thirty steps or so. That's strange I tell you. 

She grinned before getting up and offering her hand to me. I took it only so I could pull her down again to engulf her in a squashy hug.

At that moment, nothing else mattered, we were just two girls sitting on the floor hugging, I wasn’t even aware that people had seen my smiley cloud underwear as I fell down.