Talks Detention Marauders And Me

Start from the beginning

"I loved how you dropped all that gravy on you this morning." Sirius joked but I frowned.

"That wasn't funny. It was hot." I grumbled at the very thought of it. People had always laughed at me because of that. Again. Sirius and James just sniggered. I could see out of the corner of my eye that Remus was trying very hard not to laugh. "Just laugh Remus, It'll be easier." I sighed and Remus obliged with my request; he too was now laughing at me.

Peter was the only one not laughing, because I don't think he was paying any attention to the conversation and was trapped within his own thoughts. I hoped whatever he was thinking about, it was something good.

"Don't you guys ever do that?" I asked, thinking of my latest antics and how people seemed to be laughing at me more recently. I've never quite blended in but I've never stood out either.

"Do what?" James asked confused.

"Make utter fools of yourselves?" I asked more rhetorically. I think they felt compelled to answer anyway.

All of them, including Peter, paused for a moment, as if they were actually contemplating it.

"I suppose we do occasionally." Sirius was the first to answer. "It's just..."

"Everybody doesn't think we're being fools... we're being cool." James finished for him as if he knew exactly what Sirius was going to say. Sirius nodded in agreement.

James straightened out his robes nervously, Sirius wore a grinning mask, Remus looked deep in thought and Peter fiddled with his hands as his eyes lay fixated on the spot of dirt on the floor.

I was about to say something but that's when Binns chose to float through the door. Yes, he floated through it. Being a ghost has to have some type of perks right?

Otherwise, why would you want to be a ghost? It's not the most cheery thing in the world.

I'd rather be a dragon. I'd be a pink one with mustard coloured eyes...or if I was going to be an evil dragon, I'd be a red one with black eyes. I don't think you can become a dragon when you die though, so that idea is a little useless. It was typical. All the good ideas never come true.

"You will be polishing the trophy room without magic." Binns said in his dull tone. "Please place your wands on the desk." All of us unwillingly got out our wands and placed them on the desk.

"Professor, we're sitting ducks for Slytherins without our wands!" Sirius complained.

"That's nonsense." Binns replied as if the idea was ridiculous.

You see, Slytherin and Gryffindor have never gotten on. It started back with the founders of this school. I don't know what happened; I skipped that chapter. Both houses argue and fight more often than any of the houses. It's probably because our traits are so different and we're from opposite sides of the spectrum. Plus, both houses are bit gobby too.

We're born and raised to detest each other, but sometimes it's not always like that.

"Everything you need is already set up. When it's finished, collect your wands from me and you'll all be free to go. Good night."

I walked behind the group as we headed towards the trophy rooms.

"This sucks." Sirius grumbled. "We polished it last week!"

"Yeah," James said rolling his eyes, agreeing with Sirius. "I could probably tell you who got what award and when."

"So you go there often?" I asked, humming to myself.

"Well, yes." James replied in a 'I just told you that' tone of voice.

"Ever thought about not getting a detention?" I asked.