"Get in": Part one

***Eve's POV***

A soft smile rest on my lips as I hold my hand up to the light and gently twirl the new sparkling ring around on my finger. The ceiling fan twirling frantically above and Alex's hum are the only things that can be heard in the large dimly lit room.

I look up when a gentle tap on one of my inner thighs catches my attention. Questioning Blue eyes captures my gaze from between my legs where the love of my life lies. "How long are you going to stay down there?" I ask jokingly.

Alex wiggles his eyebrows, "I am just resting but to answer your question....all night. What is on your mind Schätzchen?" His large hands continues to trace lazy circles on the glistening skin of one of my thighs while he lays propped up on the other. I yank my leg away from his hand and laugh, "No the hell you are not! I won't be able to walk in the morning! Besides I was wondering something..."

He sighs out and crawls closer until he is towering over me. Even with his serious expression, laughter still sparkles in his eyes. He probably thinks I want to talk about the fact that I still want to go back to work....which I do...but I am smart enough to save that hot topic for another day. No, I don't want to mess up the beautiful night we are having so far. A giggle leaves my lips as he begins to pepper kisses all over my face. " Tell me Schätzchen" He growls out against my neck causing a shiver to rake my body from head to toe.

"Ummm okay well remember the day that you woke up in the hospital and told me about that crazy dream you had of your father?" I hesitantly ask. I am not sure how Alex feels about it now. He has never mentioned it since that day. It's something that I couldn't stop thinking about with how cryptic and weird the message was.

Alex's face immediately shuts down and all playful banter he once had a few seconds before leaves him. Just as he usually does whenever his father is mentioned. It's honestly both sad and appalling how someone who is dead and has been long gone still have so much control over his emotions.

Alex is such a strong individual in the general sense of things despite the past few months. Very little outside of his family and business effects him emotionally...but whenever his past is brought up, he clamps up and becomes this robot who barely utters one or two words in avoiding discussion of his childhood and parents. He doesn't even mentions Emma's name anymore. He just grunts and walks away whenever she is even brought up.

I know even though they did not have a relationship to speak of before the shooting the act of its betrayal must have hurt him either way. Alex sighs heavily and moves off of me and sits up next to me at the head board. "Yes babe I remember."

I shift to face him, both of us naked but so comfortable around each other it doesn't even matter. As exhausted as I am, I still can't help but run my eyes over his body. My face grows warm when I notice the cocky smirk on my love's face as he watches me watch him. Shaking my head, I go back to the topic at hand, "I know that you don't want to talk about it but I just want to know if you are looking into the matter of the locker? It's so crazy how you could remember all those details said in the dream, I mean it makes you wonder if any of it_"

Alex waves me off with a frown, "It was just a dream. That is it. It was only a dream."

"But ever since that day, you have been having these crazy nightmares. Dreams that you don't even want to talk about with me. I don't know... it just seems weirdly connected somehow baby. What if it's real? Not your nightmares but the locker dream?"

His eyebrow raises, "No it's not and why would I tell you about my night terrors? There is no sense in getting you riled up as well..." He sighs out heavily and throws his hands up, "You know what? Why don't you look into it?"