The Darkness Inside: Reality

((Hey guys, i know i haven't updated in quite awhile and i'm sorry, please don't be mad, haha. I've just been really busy, and haven't had much inspiration, i'll try to update more frequently from now on. I'm so happy you all are enjoying this! <3 ))

Jack's eyes open slowly, them being slightly red from the tears. He was now laying on the couch. He must've passed out against Mark. He slowly sits up and shakes his head which had a sore ache to it. His eyes scan the room, empty, where was Mark? Jack stands quietly, his legs slightly wobbly so he had to grab the wall to avoid falling over as he begins walking.

"Mark?"

Jack calls through the house his eyes scanning down the hall, he listens to the silence of the house, it seeming pretty clear Mark was not around. This of course makes Jack panic slightly as he walks back to the couch and sits down his hands beginning to rub his temples slightly.

"Its fine Jack, he just went out... he'll be back..."

Jack mumbles to himself, the only sounds in the house being his sharp breaths and the tik tok of a clock sitting on the wall. Jack listens to each tick as the seconds hand goes by, counting off each second.

1... 2... 3... 4...

What if Mark wasn't coming back, what if he just left Jack to deal with this alone?

5...6...7...8...

What if something happened to him, what if Dark took him away?

9...10...11...

His counting is cut off by a voice, making him lift his head and his eyes to widen. It was like looking into a mirror, a dark one, twisting reality to its wishes. In front of him stood none other than Anti, but that wasn't possible right? Anti was in Jack's head, he couldn't be out as the same time as Jack.

"What.... How?"

Jack asks a bit panicky as he stands, his legs once again wobbling. The darker version of himself smiles slightly, more of a smirk really and steps forward tilting his head slightly at Jack.

"What am I doing here? How am I here?"

Anti says finishing the unasked questions of Jack's, clearly pleased with himself.

"Well you see my friend.... You are simply caught in a lie"

Anti says stepping forward so his feet almost touch Jack's. Jack feels the need to back up but can't as Anti's hand reaches out grabbing the man by the throat, not choking him, more like holding him in place.

"What are you talking about...."

Jack asks quietly, his head spinning, and his voice sounding panicked. This only makes Anti laugh more.

"This is your head Jack'a'boy.... You should have seen your face, you really though Mark left you."

Anti says laughing as though this was a big game to him, which of course it was.

"N-No I didn't. I know Mark would never-"

Jack begins, being cut off as Anti laughs again, louder, the laughter ringing out around him.

"You liar... You can't lie to me, I know everything remember?"

Anti says, his smile growing slightly sinister.

"All your hopes, your dreams.... Your fears"

Anti says as Jack feels the ground melt away from underneath him. His gaze travels down and he is now being held off a building, by the neck by Anti, the ground a blur below. At least a 20 story building, maybe more. Jack lets out a small noise of surprise, mixed with a bit of fear as he clenches his eyes shut, though feeling the empty space behind him, made his breath quicken. He felt as though he was going to have a panic attack.

Anti simply laughs, not bothered by the height, since he wasn't the one being held above it.

"It's not real, it's not real"

Jack says to himself quietly his eyes shut tightly. Though he knew this was his mind and he could control it as well, his mind raced, he knew it wasn't real, though it felt like it was. Heights was one thing that terrified Jack, and Anti would know that.

"Not real?"

Anti says, and Jack can hear the smirk in his voice.

"Are you sure about that Jack?"

Anti says his hand loosening, Jack's eyes open wide and he looks at Anti pleadingly, his mind having completely forgotten now, that this was all in his head.

"Wait, wait!"

Jack pleads as Anti's hand loosens more, almost dropping the man.

"Time is running out Jack. Tik Tok"

Anti says with a sadistic smile as his hand fully lets go and Jack goes tumbling through the air. His screams ringing out and his eyes clenching shut just before he hits the ground.

Just as Jack hits the ground with a crack he sits up quickly on the couch, his eyes wide, his breath quick and unsteady, and his vision blurry with tears. He looks around quickly, on the verge of a panic attack and sees no one around, was this his head again? Or was this real? Where was Mark?

His thoughts race and then without thinking he yells out.

"MARK!"

He yells, his voice echoing throughout the house. In a moment the red haired man comes running down the hall and into the living room, looking at Jack worriedly.

"Jack, what is it, what happened!?!?"

Mark asks, worry clear in his voice. Jack stands quickly and in his frenzied state nearly tackles Mark to the ground, Mark quickly regains his balance as the man wraps his arms tightly around his torso, Jack's head burying in his shoulder. Mark freezes at first not sure what had happened, but soon wraps the green haired man in a hug rubbing his back gently, deciding to not ask until he had calmed down.

"It's ok... It's going to be ok...."

Mark says quietly, listening to Jack's quick, sharp breaths.

"it'll be ok..."