Date 3

"He glanced over here. "

"You sure?"

"Yes I am. He totally saw us. He even lingered a little. "

"I'll check it myself. "

While Sehun leaned back in his chair to take a glance, from the corner of her eyes Hyewon peeked at a certain table not that far from them. But just as long as she was unseen. At least, not that much noticed. Because their purpose was –

"Hyewon? "

Hearing her name, she paused in action and welcomed her friend with a smile.

"Hi, Chae. What is up? "

"Just came from Comparative Ed. I barely feel my brain but besides the point right now." She glanced pointedly at the guy next to them. Sehun put his bag aside with a snort so she can sit down. "Thanks lots... So, what are you two doing? "

"We're having a date which you're about crash. "

"Oh Sehun, please. For one you're an awful liar and secondly, you're ogling the Kaistal couple over there. This is so not a date. "

...so they weren't so subtle after all.

Hyewon straightened her back and sighed.

"You're a party pooper."

"I don't know. In my opinion you're the one who pooped the party in the first place."

Chaeyeon's remarks get saltier and saltier. Not a good sign.

Sehun had probably come to a similar conclusion because next moment he was standing up, looking for a way out.

"All this talk about poop makes me visit the restroom... Hyewon-a, should I bring you some coffee from the vending machine on the way back?"

"That'd be great, thanks. I'll stay and watch."

As soon as they were in two, Chaeyeon switched from not-so-nice to frustrated, true to her real feelings.

"Kim Hyewon, you owe me an explanation."

"I owe you for certain things but an explanation I don't remember."

It wasn't the smartest move to sass back but Hyewon thought it's time for Chaeyeon to learn 1) she can't control everything and 2) certainly not Hyewon's love life.

But at least she got the message.

"Okay, I'll drop the reprimanding tone, sorry... Just please, listen to me and stop glancing at your ex-something!"

Hyewon did so half-heartedly.

"Alright. You have three minutes until Sehun comes back. He probably only looked for an escape from you and is idling by the vending machine right now, you know."

Surprisingly Chaeyeon and Sehun has known each other but don't like each other a bit. That fact felt somehow pleasing for Hyewon.

"I know. I chased him away on purpose so I can talk with you." The redhead said unashamed. "I have no idea what you're doing these days but from what I've just witnessed I can see you're working not for your love life but against it."

"Where do you get that from?"

"No guy takes her second date to the cafeteria."

"Jongin did."

"Kai is an idiot. Doesn't count."

Hyewon tried again.

"Our kind of dates differ from the usual. So, what?"