Chapter Four

Macy’s POV

(three days later)

“I wanna take you on a date.” I laughed & twisted in Caysen’s arms to face him. “And where exactly do you wanna take me on a date to? In case you don’t recall, we can’t exactly be caught out in public together.” He rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah. I know.” He bit his lip & thought about it. His eyes lit up after a moment. “I’ve got it!” He shifted me out of his lap so that I was sitting on the couch beside him instead. He pointed at me. “You. Go take a shower & get ready. I’ll be back in an hour.”  After he stood, he kissed my forehead. “Bye sweetie. I’ll call you when I’m on my way back.” He promised. I nodded. “Wait! What do I need to wear? What are we doing?” I asked. He grinned, & there was a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Wear one of those dresses you have. Chase never lets you wear them to school.” He suggested. I smiled & nodded.

“Where the hell are you talking me?” I laughed. The blindfold was covering my eyes, but Caysen was behind me, with his hands on my hips, so I wasn’t afraid. “Shh! I told you, it’s a surprise. Watch your step. We’re getting on the elevator.” He helped me navigate my way onto the elevator, & I heard him press some buttons before the doors slid shut. We rode up in silence for a few moments before we stopped. “Are we there? Can I please take this damn thing off now?” I muttered. Caysen groaned as he led me off the elevator. “You’re kinda annoying sometimes, did you know that?” I tried to elbow him, but he dodged it. We stopped, & I heard him open a door. I could hear music softly playing, & I could hear what sounded like a highway. “Just walk a little further. We’re almost there.” He murmured in my ear. After a few more steps, we stopped. He kissed my neck. “You can talk the blindfold off now.” He whispered. Pulling one of my hands out of his, I reached up & slid the blindfold off my head. I gasped. We were standing on the roof of some building. A few feet in front of us, there were blankets & pillows that I recognized from his apartment laying on the ground, with candles all around, a radio, & a picnic basket. “Oh my god…” I whispered. “Do you like it? Or is it too much? I know it’s kinda cheesy, but-” I turned & shut him up by pressing my lips to his. “I love it. It’s perfect.” I promised. He grinned & pulled me over to the blanket before we sat down on the pillows. “I know how you love the cheesy romantic stuff, so I thought this would be perfect for you.” he said. I rolled my eyes & scooted closer to him. “So, for our five-star meal, we have…” He started pulling out various sizes of Domino’s pizza boxes out of the picnic basket. “For appetizer, we have stuffed cheese cheesy bread. For our main entrée, we have a large, deep-dish, meat lover’s pizza. And for dessert, we have cinnamon bread with extra icing.” I smiled as he displayed all of my favorites. “Did you know that you’re pretty much perfect?” I whispered as I stroked the back of his hand with my thumb. He kissed my forehead. “Well, you’re the one who taught me to be perfect.” We stared at each other for a long moment before he smirked. “But yes, I know I’m perfect.” I rolled my eyes & stuck out my tongue before reaching for the cheesy bread.

My eyes were starting to slowly close when Caysen spoke. “I’m falling in love with you. And dammit, I’m falling hard.” He whispered. Confused, I rested my chin on his chest so I could look him in the eye. I was practically laying on him & his arms were wrapped tightly around me. “I’m falling in love with you too.” I said, my voice shaky. He stared at me for a long moment. “I know that you can’t be completely mine yet. And that kills me, even though I know there’s nothing that either of us can do about that yet. But do you mind if I call you mine?” The corners of my mouth were being tugged up, but I forced myself to stay serious. “Mr. Chandler, are you asking me to be your girlfriend?” I asked. He squinted his eyes at me. “Don’t make me take it back.” He threatened. I smiled & kissed his jaw. “Please don’t take it back. Cause I want you to be mine too.” I murmured against his skin. His arms tightened around me. “Is that a yes?” I lifted my head. “Yes, Caysen. I would love to be yours.”

AUTHOR'S NOTE-SORRY IT'S SHORT, BUT ISN'T THAT ADORABLE??? I ALMOST CRIED WHILE WRITING IT!