Endless Spirits Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It turned out that the huge bang was an explosion. And that explosion was made by the living to destroy this building that needed to be demolished. And, for some unknown reason, it had an effect on us spirits. An effect that, as Claire told me after the initial aftershock, turned us all into animals. Animals in spirit. I know, how strange and random. None of the other spirits know what caused the demolition bomb to do this. But now we cant talk out loud, oh no, because that would be just remotely normal. We have to talk to each other in our heads. How annoying. But at least we don't hear each others thoughts, now that would be embarrassing! So, back to the real issue at hand, we have all been transformed into animals. Claire has been transformed into a . . . wait for it . . . A tiger. And, funnily enough, I am a lion. A white lion. And let me tell you, four paws? Not the easiest thing to get used to. So we have been like this for about 4 weeks now, and I'm starting to get used to it. Sure, paws are horrible, and eating raw meat is just wrong, but I enjoy the fast running, the constant ability to be able to hear for miles around. Yes, I could get used to this life. 'Amelie, stop daydreaming, we have to go hunting!' That was Claire - inside my head, obviously. I have to go hunt . . . Oh the joy. Not.

Okay, so something strange just happened. We went hunting, just like any other day, and we saw some baby Gazelle. We stalked them for a while. But then Claire, in our heads (duh) told me the tactic that we were going to use. Suddenly, BAM! The Gazelle go running as if they could hear us. And that's how we discovered that animals can hear us. Spirits that is. So now I am back in the cave where me and Claire are living, experimenting with a frog. I keep saying things in my head, and the frog looks around nervously every time. Its quite amusing actually . . .