Book 7⌇1. Adventure Awaits!

Comincia dall'inizio

She doesn't want to play my version of hide and seek.

Grinning at the thought, I said, "What is i-"

"Keegan is expecting you and you're hiding away like a child that doesn't want to get caught. I've had about enough games right now, Scáth almost couldn't faze back from Earth and...gah, I'm not mommying you, one child is all I can handle..." her voice trailed off, frustration crossing her face. She really wasn't in the mood to play these time old games, so I decided to give in to her demands.

"Fine, lead me to the big man," I rolled my eyes as Adrasteia turned on her heels, the black fabric of her dress hugging her exquisite curves.

Keegan's a lucky man...

Setting my thoughts aside, it wasn't long before we both entered into the throne room. Keegan was speaking to a couple of lesser demons that were having issues with something...hardly any concern of mine. After about five minutes, the demons left, leaving Keegan, Adrasteia, and myself in silence.

"Harlan," Keegan began, my eyes darting to Adrasteia's as he stated, "she tells me you wish to seek out your mate...considering you've never been able to find them on this plane of existence. You've always served me loyally, and as a friend, I want what's best for you and if it truly is happiness that you seek, I'm relieving you of your duties."

"What?!" I snapped, growling lowly, "It's none of her business..."

Keegan stood to his feet, his gray eyes holding my own purple ones, standing my ground as he neared me. Stopping a few feet away he sighed, "We both care, please don't be angry with her."

"I could never be angry at her," I shot her a look before returning my attention to Keegan, his eyes had followed mine. "Look, I'll admit, yes there was a time when I wanted to find my mate and yes, after all this time living in this world, I now know, that they do not live here as well."

"Earth is a good place to start," Adrasteia had walked to Keegan's side while he wrapped an arm around her lower back, "After all, that's where I found mine." She slapped his shoulder and teased him, but her eyes held a different story, the one filled with love and adoration for him. I'd give anything to have someone look at me like that...I don't even think that an individual exists or that I could ever possibly return the favor.

"Fine, if you want me gone you could have just said so," I spun on my heels, striding away from the two of them.

Keegan's words made me stop in my tracks though, "I wish you'd always be around to protect everything I hold dear, but I know you need to find lo-"

"Don't say that word," I interrupted him. With how I am, there is no way I'd ever be able to truly love someone. When I paused to turn around, I recovered and said, "I'll leave..."

"It's not goodbye," Adrasteia smiled warmly, the tips of her fangs peeking between her lips, "it's see you later."

She always did know how to lighten my mood. I returned her smile, feeling the connection to that of Earth's energy, my eyes sliding closed shut for a moment. When I reopened my eyelids, I chuckled and saluted, "Later."

In the next moment, I found myself standing on the outskirts of a town. I'd visited this town often when I needed to take energy, tending to sleep with many women and men in a single night if I was up to the challenge and my cravings would not be satisfied. Hell, I'd even fuck two sisters at the same time if the opportunity presented itself.

Perks of having a tail.

The city of Leland, California. A beautiful town filled with so many possibilities...now that I'd be staying for a while. Not sure how long, considering this world is such a vast space of billions of individuals. Hopefully standing among the large crowd would be the one drawn to me as I to them.