Chapter 2

Elle's POV

Mr Benjamin made his way to the front door of the hotel and after trying every key found the right one.

We enter the old hotel cautiously the interior was covered in a thick layer of dust and spider webs filled the ceiling. After put away our things in the rooms upstairs we were split into groups and given different tasks to prepare so we could make dinner. He grouped me with Mae, Yohan, Bruno, and Tyler. We had to get water from the well and then collect fire wood. I was lucky because I prefer this to cleaning that lobby was filthy. We grabbed buckets and went towards the back where he said the well was. We walked towards the small run down well and stood around it. I looked down but I couldn't see anything it was too dark.

"Damn, I can't see shit. There could be a dead body down there..." Yohan exclaimed.

"Does anyone have a flashlight or something," I asked.

"Yeah sure." Tyler volunteered, reaching into his pocket to pull out his gray iPhone. I turned on the flash and leaned on the edge of the peering through the darkness luckily there didn't seem to be anything weird floating in the water. My hand slipped on a loose brick, and I felt myself lurch forward before a strong hand grabbed me and to my horror Tyler's phone flew out of my hand and down the well with a splash. I almost jumped after it but he stopped me continuing to hold me back.

"It's just a phone Elle." He half yelled, pulling me away from the well.

" But, I..." I stuttered. Mae looked at me a little concerned and Yohan was quiet for
once. I should calm down, this looks bad. He held me firmly by the shoulders looking me in the eye.

"Yeah, Sorry." I said with a breathy laugh.

"It's Fine, Besides, Now I have an excuse to get a new iPhone." He said, with an easy smile. His eyes were steady and calm. It was no big deal. I flushed realizing that I almost jumped down a well after a phone!

"..." I turned my head away embarrassed at myself.

Mae's POV

Elle and Tyler got Mr. Benjamin to help us fix the well.

"Mae and I are going to look for fire wood. You guys can handle this right?" Bruno said. Yohan nodded giving us a knowing smirk and so we headed into the woods.
After walking for a few minutes we came to a quiet spot by the lake and stopped. He let go of my hand and touch my cheek. We kissed. His soft lips nudged mine, my hand caressing his soft curly hair as I let him in. Moving back and resting my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me. A flower was in bloom over his shoulder and I smiled.

"I love you." I say leaning further into his chest.

"I love you too." He says in a raspy voice before we continued...