Saving Kongpob, Mr. Busybody(3)

It was almost half past 8 pm when Kongpob saw Arthit again from some distance away. Arthit was a bit restlessly hanging around the bench which Kongpob had sat on.

'Why is P'Arthit over there? is he looking for me?....but... no way.'

But just his watching P'Arthit's back, a very warm feeling filled his heart briefly and a feeling of despair in him completely disappeared. He realized it again how much he cherished this beautiful human being. Kongpob waited for a while wanting Arthit to notice him but he showed no sign of having seen Kongpob.

"P'Arthit......"

Kongpob could not help but smile softly, feeling himself like a fool. He felt like flying towards his only sun.

"P'Arthit......!"

He even liked his own voice calling the name, Arthit.

"Kongpob....?"

Arthit turned around as Kongpob called out his name. Their eyes met, and the senior's eyes were likely flashing with delight for a second. That gave Kongpob some courage. He finally decided to move close to Arthit. As he carried his motorbike, he just walked towards him pushing his motorbike.

"Where have you been, Kongpob?"

"I got back to my room for a shower."

"............."

"........what are you doing here, P'? Are you looking for some....thing?"

Kongpob asked him with some anticipation but P'Arthit didn't answer him. Rather, he just continued asking.

"Why are you carrying your motorbike."

".............I am....."

"Are you going somewhere?"

".......I am on my way to a bookstore near the school."

P'Arthit looked a bit astonished as Kongpob said.

"..........Did you find a replacement for the book already?"

"I am not sure but the owner wants me to check some books he found. I've got his call right before."

For a few moments there was silence between them.

"I think you don't need to go there."

It was Arthit who broke the silence first.

"................Why not?"

"I......I found the book that belongs to one of the graduating seniors."

"You found the book for me?"

"No. for N'Prae."

His answer came very quickly and there was another silence coming.

"....,,,.I see. of course I guessed so."

This time Kongpob broke the silence first but his face clouded with a mild disappointment.

"Don't get me wrong. I just did what the seniors should do."

".........."

"I helped this time for N'Prae, but there will be no second time."

".........."

"And you, Kongpob. Never step forward if you are not ready."

".........."

"You got me?"

No words were spoken by Kongpob while Arthit was warning him. Only his darkened eyes did the talking, 'I am hurt'. That pushed Arthit's guilt button inside him but he ignored it.