Wedding Day

Alicia pov

A couple of weeks ago I was doing things that shouldn't have been done. A couple of months ago I did wrongs that will never become right but I can finally say that my life is gonna have meaning. Last week, August took me to me to the doctor. There, the Doctor said that my baby breathing was till unstable due to stress and she prescribed me some medicine and to a shrink named Dr. Jae. When I met her, I wasn't feeling it at first but when I finally gave her a chance to introduce herself she became like a lifeline to me. I know I only known her for a week but she's more to me than just a shrink. I have to visit her everyday except on sundays but I always call her on her personal line if I feel jammed. I'm not gonna lie at first I was gonna call the wedding off because I was so nervous but Miss Jae talked me into going through with it and I'm more than greatful that she did. I invited her to the wedding as well. Today wil be first day she actually meet my family. Speaking of family, I only invited half of mine while all living generations of Aug's family came. Just in case yall were wondering, I didn't invite Miracle or Raven. Honestly I haven't even heard from them since that day Kenya and Miracle got to arguing. However Trey, Chris, Kasia, Kenya, Drake, Weeknd, Max, Slim and Big have all showed up. My maid of honor was going to be Miracle but instead it's Aunt Lisa. Of course Kenya, Kasia and a few of my cousins or my bridesmaid. August best man was Slim and up there standing was Trey, Chris, and some of his homies from back in the day. 

I was back in the dressing room with my Aunts, Cousins and both Grandmothers. When I finally finished getting dressed in my ivory cream white sparkling gown with my thick curly hair pulled back into a bun. I looked at myself in the walkin mirror. I could've cried but it I went to hell and back for this damn make-up so kept the tears in. Today was beginning of my new life.

"Both your mother and father would be overly happy to see you baby girl." Aunt Lisa said with tears in her eyes as well. Everyone was crying but me. I knew I deserved this.I didn't wanna cry no more I just wanted to be in my husband's arms. 

"Aye ladies the wedding is ready to begin." Wendy the wedding planner said through the door. 

We all took our postion. My uncle Ray which is my mama's oldest brother is walking me down the isle. 

Once the music started playing and everybody started walking My heart did back flips inside my chest. I prayed that it wouldn't burst out. I didn't even know what the church's finishing look was like until I entered the venue and right then I let all of it out. Beauty could never describe this. It was magic. August did say that the sky was the limit and I felt like I was flying in it. There were angels in the ceiling and family photos of me and August. Pictures of my dad and mom we're up as well.

Aniek was my flower girl. She looked beautiful just like her daddy. When I got to the alter my heart froze in place when I saw August fresh cut face. He stood tall in his black suit. His hair was in curls of course. He cracked that same smile he did when I first met him. Then the preacher started talking. I blocked some of it out because I couldn't pull my eyes off August.

"The couple have prepared their own vows and may the bride please recite Hers." With the preacher's words I snapped back to life.

I took a deep breath and looked August dead in his dark brown eyes.

"August, saying you are my everything is an understatement. No matter what I've done because we all know I'm not an angel, you always been my guide. I wouldn't be even close to half the woman I am now if it wasn't for you. You are more than the father of my child, the man I love, the person I want to spend every dying day with. You are my friend and no matter where those doors lead us we will always have this chemistry. I love you." I said hearing everybody reactions with delight.

"Now may the groom recite his vows."

"Alicia, I went through more than the average person just to prove to you that I can be more than an R&B Singer. I never knew what loving someone else was until I met you and at first I wanted to deny it because I was scared. I was scared of being a man for any woman but that very day I met you, I just knew that our journey to get where we're at now was gonna be hard. Everybody in this room know our flaws. We ain't never gotta hide it or change it for no one. I will always respect you for being the woman to bless me with a beautiful family which is still expanding. I may have done my dirt but no other woman in the world can ever say I said these words to them because these words were designed for only you and no one will ever have the power to change that. We both came from bad childhoods but it was God's will for us to end up in each other's arms. I loved you since the first day I laid eyes on you and I will always love you."

His words brought tears to my eyes. I knew my make up was running but I didn't even care. He will always think I'm beautiful.

"Alicia Anieka Marie' Swenson will you take this man in holy matrimony? To love and devote your time to him in sickness and health til death due you part?"

"I do." I said with no hesitation.

"And August Antony Alsina, do you take this woman to hold and care for in sickness and in health til death do you part."

"I do." he said squeezing my hand.

"Then with no further ah do, you may kiss the bride."

I felt like vrigin again. I tensed up and felt my limbs grow numb. I couldn't move until August warm lips kissed me with full affection. I could do him right here and right now but I kept my cool because I was in a church.

The applause from everybody else crowded me and my husband. He picked me up and took me to the dining area. There was a huge ass cake that was taller than me and August both. We cut the first big piece and fed each other. Slim was taking pictures. The body guard squad kept the place secured. Im so glad that it went perfectly. Hours of dancing went by. When we finally left. We went to beach only taking the close of our friends and family with us. Me and August both changed.

We all sat in the evening sky laughing and going over memories.

"Everybody I would like to make an announcement. Soon we will be having an addition." August said.

"What!!!????? "A lot of people shouted at the same time.

"We're expecting but our baby is sick but she or he will pull through. I just want y'all to know so y'all won't stress out my wife." August said.

.......

Hey everybody. This is part one. I let them have a good chapter with just good things but the drama unfolds with this next one. Who you think had the best vows?

I dedicate this chapter to natepace good times will always over come the bad times. I love all y'all.

Also I made myself a character in the story. Lol if you didn't pick up on it. I'm gonna be Alicia's shrink. Now everything that Dr. Jae say is what I would say. Now every single thing my character doesn't mean I would do. So if my character makes you mad don't literally take it out on me lol.