Insanity

Reader's POV

I didn't understand why I kept doing the same thing over and over again. My expectations had led me astray enough times for me to understand that such actions were hopeless.

Maybe it was time for me to plea insanity. After all, it could be true. Maybe the island was wearing my sanity away and into non-existence.

I had accepted my feelings for the despicable boy. I even understood that attempting to resist said feelings was futile. Yet and still I found myself fighting against the desires of my heart.

There was a reason that I wouldn't admit my feelings to myself. Well, a reason besides not giving him the satisfaction of knowing the effect he had on me.

I was terrified. What if I fell in love with him? What if it was too late, and I had already fallen?

We would never be the perfect match. He would never be the one I could always count on to be there for me. I would never be the one that could fully understand him.

How I found myself feeling this way for someone such as him was beyond me. He viewed murder as a recreational activity. He forced boys of varying ages to face off against each other. He didn't care who got hurt, physically or mentally. He was only concerned with things working in his favor.

None of these negative things were enough to diffuse my feelings. Something about him ignited a blazing inferno within me, one that refused to be extinguished.

Maybe I was crazy for feeling this way for him. I was slowly accepting that. If he reciprocated these feelings, which I highly doubted, we could be insane together.

Two perfectly mad lovers. A title such as that just seemed to suit us.