Chapter 17: Who Will Survive & What Will Be Left Of Them

Start from the beginning

            “We’re almost there, guys. Hang in tight. I know you’re all tired and I really appreciate you guys coming here with me. I promise when this is all over, you guys will get a much needed holiday break, okay?” I contacted them through the mind link.

            “Anything for our Luna, Alpha.” Noah assured me. “And there’s nothing wrong with this, Alpha. We are here as a family to save a family member.”

            “Yeah, what Noah said. She’s our future Luna, we can’t let you go Luna-less. I don’t think this pack could handle your craziness afterwards.” Spencer said, chuckling a bit. “And plus, she’s my friend too.”

            “We’re doing what we’re supposed to do, son. We’re going to get her, don’t lose hope.” My dad nudge me in the shoulder as he was running next to me.

            “Yep, can’t leave the love of my life and best friend forever hanging in the dust! What kind of lover would I be if I did called such thing! That’s horrifying!” Jack joked. I couldn’t help but suppress a smile and laughed along with the pack.

            “Oh shut up, Jack.” I tried to sound serious, but it came out in bits of laughter. “She’s mine, just keep that in mind, bud.”

            “Yasss Eric, yaassss.” Jack chuckled, imitating the weird reporter who called out to Lady Gaga.

            “How much longer?” Noah asked, his voice popping into the mind link.

            “About less than two hours now. We’re almost near Pittsburg. Then once we’re there, we hit up the woods south of it and we attack. The Moon Goddess said that she will be there.” I replied back.

            “Wait. What? Moon Goddess?” Spencer questioned.

            “Yes. She talked to me. That’s how I know where Nikki is.”

            “Alright…crazy head.” Noah said, skeptical.

            “Come on, have faith guys! The dude just woke up from a fucking long ass coma, talked to the Moon Goddess who apparently knows where Nikki is stationed at, and told us to run here. Yep.” Jack commented.

            “Not funny.” I said in a serious tone.

            “I know, I’m just fucking with you.” He snapped a branch and tossed it at my face.

            “You get two days less of holiday break now.” I growled at him.

            “NOT FAIR! I WAS JUST JOKING!” His voice faltered, which was hilarious by the way.

            “I don’t care.”  I could hear the laughs of the pack.

            “Take it back!” Jack shot back at me.

            “I’m your Alpha.” I smiled at him.

            “As I am your Beta.” He smiled back.

            “Seriously? Stop bickering or else I will strip both of you of your titles.” My dad’s voice came and that made us shut up.

            “Sorry.” Jack and I murmured at the same time.

            “So, what’s the game plan when we get there? What if they’re surrounded with fighter wolves too? How are we going to get past? What if we’re too late? What happens if Nikki turns into the Black Luna? How are we going to change her back? Are we going to-“ Noah started sputtering out questions.