ch. 31- James p.o.v.

A/N: I would like to note that this chapter is six pages on word. I don't know why it's only two pages on watt pad.  This is the same chapter but the only difference is that this is chapter 31 in Jame's point of view. So,I hope it clears up some of your questions. Thanks for your lovely votes & comments.  Don't forget to comment and vote! <3 oxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Chapter 31 James P.o.v. (Part one)

Star is still alive.

Evan's words still lingered in the back of my mind, haunting me.

I hadn't slept in more than in three days.

What if Star was alive?

No, it was possible.

People had talked about Star's funeral in great detail.

People had watched her coffin being lowered to the ground.

It was rumored that her mother had wrapped her arms and held onto her coffin and had refused to let go. No mother had should have to bury a child.

I had watched my own mother bury my youngest sister and my sister's death had crushed her.

People couldn't make up such detailed accounts of Star's funerals if there had never been a funeral.

Evan's words were still implanted in my mind and I couldn't spend the rest of my life not knowing the truth about Star's disappearance.

I told my mother that I was going to pay Star's mother a visit.

My mother baked some of her famous cinnamon cookies and helped me put together a hand picked bouquet from our garden.

The bouquet was made of yellow and red wild flowers, white roses, and white lilies

"Tell Star's mother that I said hello and I'm extremely sorry for her loss." My mother said.

My mother kissed my cheek, "I think seeing Star's mother will be good for you.I think it will finally give you the closure you need."

"I will be back before dark." I said.

My mother returned back to kitchen.

She would spend the next few weeks trying out some of her old recipes because thanksgiving was only a few weeks away.

I drove to Star's house.

I stayed in her driveway for the longest time.

I was terrified to walk into that house and find out the truth.

If star were truly dead, her death would crush me.

I should have never let her push me away so soon. I could have helped her.

I swallowed. Hard.

I couldn't wait any longer. It was time to find out the truth.

I climbed out of my car and my feet hit the cold pavement.

When I walked down the driveway, I saw a glimpse of a man and a woman dancing.

It couldn't be the right house.

If Star had passed, her mother would still be grieving.

The man swirled the woman in her arms and I caught of a glimpse of the woman's face in the window. It was Star's mother.

She looked beautiful.

Her hair was swept into a bun but a few loose curls were pressed to her rosy cheeks.

The man pressed his lips to her ear and whispered something in her ear.

She threw her head back and laughed.