chapter one

MAEBELL GROANED as she felt her older sister rip the duvet of her. shivering in the cold air, with barely anything covering her. she glared at sophie, before throwing a pillow at her.

"that was not needed." maebell muttered, throwing herself into a pillow. sophie could only laugh at her younger sister, before she grabbed a few clothes out and set them by the bathroom door.

"i'll see you downstairs." and with that the oldest sister was gone.

opening an eye ever so slightly, maebell made sure that sophie was fully gone before getting up and heading towards the bathroom.

stumbling across the room, mae grabbed the clothes that were left out for her, before walking into the bathroom maebell and sophie shared.

turning on the hot water, the glass started to steam, and mae stripped of her pjs, before getting into the hot shower.

after getting changed into the outfit sophie had chose, mae quickly messed with her hair slightly, so it looked like she had tried, and put on the slightest bit of makeup. before running down the stairs were she was met with a mug of hot chocolate.

grinning, she gulped down the hot chocolate, too quickly and ended up burning herself. 

"shit!"

sophie's eyes widened and she quickly gave a glass of water to mae who drank it as soon as it was in her hands. the sisters then started to laugh as this was a regular pattern.

"thanks, at this point i should remember to leave it cooling." mae joked.

"yeah, you should."

maebell sent a last grin to her sister, before she put on her act.

it's a similar routine that happened every time they moved. sage was the cheerful, loving sister that everyone got on with.

and maebell was the coldhearted, closed off one. she was the one that no one ever got close to, for they would easily get hurt.

"mae baby, you gotta try this year. i know it's all an act but seriously, please try!" sophie says as she parks her car.

the older sister adjusts her cap and opens the car door. grabbing her side bag she put it over her shoulder and with a sad smile, sophie pulls her sister in for a hug.

"i love you," she whispers. before leaving the youngest.

maebell smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. she knows sophie is right, but it doesn't stop her- and it never will.

she's too dangerous to get close to people. she doesn't want to hurt anyone, but that isn't what everything thinks.

xXx
first chapter !  i hope you enjoyed it :) xo