Chapter 4

PERCY'S POV

For some reason, I had a warm feeling in the pit of my stomach. My hand was cold and I yearned for the heat again. It never came again. That is until the clockwork horse attacked. Instead, of just warmth on my hand, it spread all through out me giving me a happy feeling. You see, Nico and I were roaming through Europe. We had no idea where we were, most likely Sweden or Norway. Hestia left and I'll admit, that's really messed up. That's like me leaving suddenly like, All right, you go do the quest and I'll go back home and eat blue food. Good luck, Nico!

"What are we looking for again?" Nico groaned. 

"Oh, quit your complaining," I grinned and looked at a map I had picked up off the floor. "Your acting like a child."

Nico glared at me and said, "Your older than me by two years, Percy. Not a big age difference."

I chuckled and said, "Yeah, but it does make quite a difference,"

Nico snorted but didn't say anything. I studied and face and turned away. He's thinking. I could tell from the way his face looks and the way his eyes look around the room, almost like the answer was in the air. I laughed softly and buried my nose in the map. To be honest, I had no idea where we were. We were probably in a park because there was a park and a bunch of people having picnics. Maybe Nico and I could stop for a picnic... I smiled and the thought but then shook my head fiercely. No, not now that is. 

Right now we had to find who is cutting the Chain of Immortals. My thoughts were interrupted when a loud sound hit the air. It sounded like Leo hitting two pieces of metal together. Nico and I turned around and I was surprised to see a metallic horse. It's body parts were made of Celestial bronze and its eyes were red orbs. Its body had a series of black swirls and twists, its mouth clenched. Okay, I didn't have anything against horses. My father made them and this one was rather mean.

Demigods... Son of Poseidon... Son of Hades... Must... attack...

It's eyes flared and it let out a nasty neigh. It reared up and charged at Nico and I. Immediately I panicked and pushed Nico and I out of the way, the clockwork horse charging past us. And just at that moment... I realized what awkward position I was in. I had my hands pinning Nico's hands down and my hips on his stomach. Nico's face was red and I could tell he was embarrassed. I felt my face heat up too as I scrambled off of Nico.

"I-I-I am so sorry, Nico!" I stuttered out. 

"Percy watch out!" Nico shouted and pulled me back on him just as the horse trampled past me. This time, Nico was on top of me. Ah! What in the name of Hades is going on?! My face felt like it was on fire and butterflies were going insane in my stomach. Around us, people were screaming and running out of the park. 

"Oh gods!" Nico said with a pale face. He looked like he was going to be sick. 

Foolish demigods! 

Nico stood up quickly and faced the horse. The horse narrowed its eyes in anger and scraped its metal foot on the pavement. Its eyes flared again it bared its teeth at us. A row of metallic teeth lined the horses mouth. It watched Nico curiously and then charged at him.

"Nico, watch out!" the words flew out of my lips and I covered my mouth. Oh, what is going on?!

Nico moved out of the way just as the horse charged. Nico grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet, the warmth in my hand growing. 

Stop moving so I can eat you... At the horses words, Nico pulled me to the side and said, "Climb this tree Percy. This thing can't get us from there," 

I nodded and was hesitant about letting Nico's hand go. Reluctantly, I let go when I saw the horse bare its dagger like teeth. I climbed the tree quickly and held out my hand out toward Nico. I can't lose Nico... I thought. A world without Nico...

Nico sat beside me and I stared off into the air. What was I about to think? The tree shaking shook me out of my thought and I looked down to see the metallic horse banging its head on the trees base.

"This thing just dosen't give up does it?" Nico said with a grim face. I stared at his face. I didn't know why but I did. I felt happy looking at Nico. Nico looked at me and blushed.

"Percy, why are you... staring at me?" Nico said hastily.

The tree shook again and I blushed. "Um..."

Before I could say anything, the tree began to tilt. I grabbed the nearest branch and grabbed Nico, pulling him into my chest. Nico grabbed my shirt and I tried not to smile. Why was I feeling this way? And especially toward Nico. The tree fell and a large branch tore through my arm and I winced. My back hit the floor and I was glad Nico was safe.

I winced and looked at Nico who was clutching my shirt. "Nico, are you alright?"

Nico looked up at me and opened his mouth. Then closed it and thought for a second. Then he said, "Y-Yeah... I'm fine..." Nico's face was red and I thought he looked adorable. Wait... What...? 

Nico pushed me down and whispered, "Shh..."

An angry neigh sounded and I heard, Lost... Scent... Lady Salaya...

Lady Salaya? Was that the name of its creator? I pulled Nico into my chest and tightened my grip on him. I was so confused. I felt like my body was doing this on its own will but it wasn't. The sound of metal hitting the pavement signaled that the horse had trotted off somewhere. Probably to Lady Salaya. 

"Percy... I think we should get up now..." Nico whispered.

I nodded but inside I felt my chest ache. Nico pushed himself up and off of me and I pushed up but then stopped when a sharp pain sliced through my arm sending sparks of pain through out my body. I clenched my teeth and covered my arm with my good arm. I stood up awkwardly and looked around. Picnic blankets and baskets were scattered on the fresh grass and around Nico and I, was a tree. 

"Well..." Nico said with a frown. "Lets hope we don't run into another one of those,"

I nodded and looked around. The sun was beginning to set. "Hey Nico, I think we should go find somewhere to rest,"

Nico nodded and stepped out of the trees branches. I followed him and looked around. In the distance, city buildings loomed up around the sunset.

I pointed there with my good arm. "Maybe we can find shelter there."

Nico nodded and he began to walk toward the city. I followed him, my arm and chest throbbing.

X'X'X'X'X'X'

NICO'S POV

That whole experience right there, made me want to grab Percy and kiss him. To make things worse, I got him hurt. Gods, I feel so guilty! Percy and I walked through the tree's until we came to a crosswalk. Across from it, was a large building.

I pointed to it, catching Percy's attention. His eyebrows were furrowed and it made him look cute. I blushed a bit and said, "Maybe we can camp up there for tonight,"

Percy nodded. "Lets hope that those horses don't grow wings or Zeus tries to kill us,"

At his words, I laughed. "Yeah," 

I smiled as we walked to the building. The only thing to do now is get to the top. How hard can it be?

 Since... Assassin of the Seas was my Christmas present... This is your New Years Present!!!! ... Don't even think you give out gifts on New Years but, oh well!!  Thanks for reading! Oh, and by the way, I love it when you guys leave me great comments!! It makes me happy seeing that people like my story! Thank you everyone!!

-Magical