Chapter 14: Being Blind

not a lot happens in this chapter... but seriously... the end? haha! 

Also, for those reading Forgotten, that's next on my list. I've already got the next chapter started, so it won't be long. :)

Ely:

The ride around the campus was a blur. I yawned, feeling the events of the day catching up to me as someone opened my door. Jordan grunted as I landed against him after catching my foot on the ledge getting out of the car. "Are you okay?"

I cringed at his sharp intake of breath. The fact that I'd just stepped on his foot might have had something to do with his reaction. "I think I should be asking you that. I'm a walking disaster."

"But at least you're still walking," he remarked, letting me lean against him as he led us into our new quarters.

Someone bumped into my back, but I expected it and stood my ground. "It's not much to look at, is it?" Dom's voice sounded a little confused as he prodded me and Jordan into the room.

A brief tour of the room made me realize how small it really was. There was a long dresser against one wall, two queen sized beds along the opposite wall. A small kitchenette was on the opposite side of the room as the door, and the bathroom took up the last corner of the room. If the room were truly like a hotel room, I could just imagine the horrible color scheme that was taking place.

I continued to hold the back of my hospital gown in place, but finally had to stop Jordan with a hand to his arm. "I need something else to wear... and maybe a shower that doesn't involve a creepy nurse." I coughed, trying to clear my throat.

"Yeah, you can wear something of mine," Jordan replied as he stepped away from me. He came back so quickly that I was pretty sure he'd just grabbed the first things his fingers had touched. "Here, I'll turn the shower on for you. Can you... um... manage on your own?" His voice squeaked slightly at the end, and I could picture his whole face turning bright red as he asked the question.

"I think I can. I'll yell if I need something." I waited until I heard the door click shut, and then quickly shed my hospital gown and Dom's jacket. I made sure I kept my head out of the water. I didn't want to get the eye cover wet.

Hoping out, I cursed. I had no idea where the towels were. This was awkward. They had to be on one of the walls, right? Reaching out with one arm, I felt around for the wall. Once I'd found it, I ran my fingers along it, searching for a means to help me dry off.

"Are you okay in there, El?" Shawn's voice was tinged with worry, and my cheeks heated at the thought of him rushing in here to make sure I was alright.

"Yeah, I'm good." Ah! A towel! I wrapped it around my body, gently drying my skin. Next I needed clothes. Clothes. Clothes... I felt along the floor, searching for the clothes that Jordan had tossed on the floor. At least, I thought he'd tossed them there.

"Ely, do I need to come in there?" Dom's voice sounded even more anxious than Shawn's had.

"No. Nope. Ah... definitely not. I'm good." I felt like an idiot. Why the heck couldn't I find something that would actually cover my butt? If they weren't on the floor, maybe they were on... standing, I felt around for the toilet. Shi- That was my shin. Terrified that they'd rush into the tiny room to find me in a barely there towel had me biting back the curse. At least I'd found the clothing.

Feeling around for the pants, I quickly pulled them on, only to realize that the drawstring was in the back. Fudging monkeys! After pulling them on the right way, and cringing at the lack of underwear, I pulled the shirt on. Thankfully the shirt was huge on me, because I didn't have a bra either.

"Ely, I'm coming in," Jordan announced as the door swung inward. My heart pounded at the close call I'd almost had. I whirled around, facing the door. I could feel Jordan's body heat directly in front of me and I waited to see what he'd do next.

"Is she okay?" Shawn's worried voice floated in from the other room.

"She's good," Jordan replied. There was something else to his tone that I couldn't place.

~*~*~*~

The days started to go by slowly. The guys refused to leave me alone or let me out of the small bedroom. I could almost feel my muscles withering away. If I got out of the bed, I was afraid I'd bump into something. The one time I'd gotten up without warning, I'd crashed into Jordan and apparently his basketball shorts had fallen with me. Fat lot of good it had done me, since I couldn't even see what I'd uncovered.

It took me three weeks to convince the guys that I'd be okay by myself for a bit. If nothing else, I just wanted to be able to get up and move around without bumping into them. Shawn had a meeting to get to, and Jordan had work. Dom was my captive for the day, and he agreed that I'd be okay if he moved his car to a spot directly in front of our door. Since the only window in the room was right next to the only door, he could keep an eye on the entry points into the room.

Without bothering to grab clothes, I headed for the bathroom. I needed a long shower. It wasn't the easiest thing, taking a shower without my eyesight. I had to feel around for my shampoo and body wash. Shaving was just as interesting, but I couldn't stand hairy legs.

After finishing my shower and drying off, I wrapped the towel around myself. I knew Shawn and Jordan would be gone for a couple of hours, but there was no guarantee that Dom wouldn't come back into the room for something and I didn't want to get caught naked.

Dominic:

I sighed, fiddling with the small part in my hands while sitting on the wooden table near the window. I had though my car was running funny and now I knew why. Someone had tampered with it. I'd need to buy a couple of new parts for my poor baby before driving her anywhere. Luckily, I could order them online.

The bathroom door creaked and my mouth hung open. Should I say something? Perhaps announce my presence? I didn't want to embarrass Ely, but here she was, strutting around in a miniscule towel that barely covered her... well, anywhere. The bottom of them towel hung a mere inch lower than her butt, and I was afraid that if it slipped any lower, I'd get to see body parts that I'd only imagined before.

She held the towel closed with one hand as she ran the other hand along the wall, searching for the dresser. Opening the drawer that we'd thrown some of our smaller clothes in for her, she dug around, drawing out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

I indecisively bit my lip before clearing my throat, preparing to say something. She gasped, whirling towards me. Unfortunately, her fingers slipped off her towel, and it slid down her body, landing in a heap at her feet.

"Uh, sorry." I clapped a hand over my eyes, but the damage was already done. I'd no longer have to imagine what she'd look like naked, because I'd just seen it all.

"D-Dom?" I peeked through my fingers at her voice, but she still stood there with a stunned look on her face before jumping into action. Fuck, I was suddenly glad she couldn't see me, or the fact that I probably had the biggest hard on of my life. She muttered an apology, and I finally breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the bathroom door slam shut. I really hope this wouldn't make things awkward between us.