Chapter 10: The Vacation is Over (Part 2)

I know it isn't much, but it's the rest of the chapter. Enjoy. :) 

Shawn eventually called an end to our sparring. He ran a hand through his slightly sweaty hair, "Let's head up to shower. You all did well today."

I tugged at my tank top and grimaced at the sweat that was plastering it to my skin. I felt like I was dripping with sweat.

"Are you sure you're alright, Kitten?" Dom moved so that he could see my eye.

I nodded, "I'm fine. I told you not to hold back and you didn't."

His thumb brushed against the skin under my eye, "You're going to have a nice shiner, though."

I shrugged. It wasn't the first time I'd had a black eye, and it wouldn't be the last. I followed the guys up to our apartment and Shawn said, "When we get home, you can put some ice on that, Babe."

I bit my lip and nodded. It didn't really matter to me, although it might reduce the swelling so that I could actually see out of that eye.

We were close to our apartment building when Jordan finally spoke up. "Do I smell smoke?"

Shawn stopped to sniff the air just as I looked up. "Um... I think it's coming from out apartment."

Shawn glanced at Jordan, "Damnit, J. I thought I made it clear that you aren't allowed to use your chemicals without supervision."

Jordan blinked in surprise, "I haven't touched them since I caused that explosion." He sounded hurt that Shawn would think he'd go against orders.

Shawn took off running, with the rest of us close on his heels. We made it up to our apartment in record time by taking the stairs. Shawn stopped to stare at the smoke billowing out our open door.

"Shit." Jordan muttered under his breath.

The director of the school was standing with two firemen in front of our door. Both of the firemen were dressed in their red fire gear. "Is this apartment yours?" he came towards us and took of his helmet as he moved.

After a brief hesitation, Shawn nodded. "Yes, Sir. Can someone tell us what happened?"

The man's dark eyes seemed judgmental as he looked at each one of us while his fingers smoothed over his goatee. "It seems to have been a chemical fire. It only had enough time to damage the kitchen, but this apartment will be inhabitable for quite a while."

Shawn turned an accusing glare towards Jordan who held up both hands. "It wasn't me. I swear!"

Dom stepped between the two, partially to stop their argument and partially to talk to the other man. "Can we take a look at the damage?"

The man started to reply before the director of the school walked closer, "You may go look on your way to pack your belongings. You'll be moving to temporary housing while we fix your apartment."

U / Q