Chapter 1: New Mission

This chapter is essentially the same as the previous chapter, the only thing that changes is the very end.

Ely:

Large hands were wrapped around my throat. My hand frantically moved under my pillow, trying to find the knife I kept hidden there. My attacker wasn't trying to kill me, but if he continued like this he'd succeed in doing just that.

My lungs burned as a large, beefy hand fumbled under my skirt. His breath reeked of alcohol and he was slurring so badly I couldn't understand a word he was saying. Or maybe I couldn't understand him because all I could hear was the blood rushing to my head.

I felt my vision going black as his large hand continued to apply pressure to my neck. Just when I was sure I was going to pass out, I was finally able to grip the knife. It one jerky motion, I brought it out from under my pillow and easily slipped it into his thick skin. I gagged as I felt the blood pouring over my fingers to drip onto the floor.

"Ely!" I could feel myself being shaken, but the pull of my memories was too strong. I was suddenly very aware of nearly drowning as I quickly sat up.

"Wh-" I started to ask.

Shawn cut me off when he dropped down to look at me, concern evident in his eyes. "Are you okay, Babe?" He asked. His dark blue eyes studied me intently, watching for any sign that I might be lying.

"I'm fine..." I whispered softly.

Jordan was sitting on the foot of my bed, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes, while Dominic leaned against the wall with his arms crossed and studied me. "There's no way in hell you're fine, Sunshine. You stopped breathing." I could tell Jordan wanted to say more, but he couldn't seem to find the words.

Dominic's dark eyes stared at me intently, and instead of lying again and saying I was fine, I simply said, "I'd rather not talk about it." I didn't want them to look at me in disgust if they were to find out that I had nearly given in to stop the pain. I wasn't sure what, but something had forced me to keep fighting, and so I did. I fought and I finally won.

Only... I was slowly beginning to realize that maybe I hadn't won. My nightmares were becoming more frequent and I could see the worry that each of them held in their eyes for me. And the sadness that was slowly becoming anger the more I continued to push them away.

Dominic continued to stare at me, his eyes never leaving my face. I felt his eyes leave my face a few heartbeats later. "Let's get back to bed." He murmured with a sigh.

Shawn gave a small shake of his head, and I could see the disappointment in his eyes. I started to climb back under my sheets, still shaking a bit with the memory. Before I could get too comfortable, Dominic shook his head. "Kitten, you're with me the rest of the night. You quit breathing while you were sleeping and I won't be able to sleep well unless I can feel you breathing while I'm asleep." His deep voice rumbled in my ear as he lifted me up.

"I'm sorry for waking everyone." I whispered against his neck as I hooked my arm over his shoulder.

He sighed as he put me down on his bed. He climbed in over the top of me before covering us both with the blanket. "Kitten, we aren't upset that you woke us up. We're upset that you aren't talking to us." He whispered against my ear.

"I-I Can't. I don't want you to hate me, and I'm not willing to take the chance that you might." I bit my lip while waiting for his response.