Chapter 33

Avery POV

I didn't know how I was suppose to act, I mean, I have never been in a hostage situation before. I wanted someone to come and help me but I didn't want it to be Brett or Liam who are the only two people who care about me enough or had the skill to rescue me.

The world was a sad cruel place where it always tested you, it tested you even when you have already been pushed as far as you can go. That was the point I was at, I don't think I can take anymore of anything the world has to offer. It gave me and family and then it took that family away. It gave me a best friend with the worst temper in the world, and just when I thought I had it all, the universe turned him into a werewolf and then made me fall in love with another werewolf.

The assassins have left already, it feels like they have been gone for hours right now. Anytime someone is going to walk into this warehouse and right into their trap. As if on cue, I heard the warehouse door open. I couldn't see who it was, but whomever it was wasn't alone. I could hear several footsteps, but couldn't see or hear anyone's voice.

Eventually people came into my vision, it was Scott McCall and Stiles from Beacon Hills. Damn it, that means Brayden couldn't stop them from coming. I saw Brayden enter with Lori, Liam, and Brett right behind her. No, no, no! Brett ran over to me as soon as he saw me and picked me up.

"Avery! I am so glad you are okay!" He cried into my hair. He untied my hands and removed the duct tape from my mouth.

"No! What are you guys doing here? This is exactly what they want." I looked over at Brayden. "You were suppose to keep them away from here, that was all I asked from you." I yelled at her.

"What about you Avery? Was I just suppose to let you die for something that is not your fault? In all reality, this doesn't even concern you but you are still here. I told Brett and everyone else what was waiting for them if they came here. They all came by there own choice." She told me and everyone looked at me.

I got up and out of Brett's grip.

"Then what is the plan, because the way I see it, we are all in a death trap here. It won't be long before they show up here ready to claim their prize." I said

"We talked about this on our way over here, they want to hunt and kill us for profit then we are going to hunt and kill them, we are going to catch them off guard and show them what it is like to be on our deadpool." Derek Hale said.

"That is smart, but how exactly do you plan on doing that? They are trained assassins and we are nothing but scared teenagers with the occasional adult." I said

"Baby, we can't run and be scared forever." Brett said to me.

"We can't just sit here and be ready to die either." I told him

"Avery, we know you're scared and trust me we are too, but this has to end tonight." Scott told me.

"That is easy for you to say. While everyone else in this room has claws and supernatural strength, I have nothing." I said

"I also have nothing, but I believe in this Avery." Stiles said to me.

"Obviously I won't be able to help with anything, so show me where I will be hiding while you guys do this."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They put Stiles, Lori, and I back into the corner of the furthest spot away from where they would be entering. This is all surreal, if they win then this is all over, but if they lose then this is also all over for all of us. Brett was standing about 20 feet in front of me in his war stance. I got up from my corner and started walking towards him.

He heard me coming of course, he turned around and faced me.

"Avery, what's wrong?" He said, and grabbed my hand pulling me to the side.

"I'm scared for you and Liam and I just wanted to tell you something." I said to him.

"What? Baby you can tell me anything."

"Please don't be a hero, if you feel like you are going to die or anything just fall back and get us and we will leave, because even if they win this and you die, I will hate you for leaving me and Lori will be all alone. We need you Brett, I need you." I told him.

I got up on my toes and whispered in his ear.

"I love you"