Chapter 12

AVERY POV

I didn't know what was worse, the fact that Brett didn't even bother running after me, or that I was once again lost in these damn woods. My tears didn't stop, but they were there for multiple reasons. I pulled out my phone and looked at who to text. Liam or Brett. Liam.

TO:LIAM
Hey I'm in trouble

FROM: LIAM
I'm busy right now. I'll talk to you in like an hour

God damn it Liam! What part of I'm in trouble isn't important enough? I was left with two choices now, either text Brett or wait for a bear to eat me in the woods. I think I'll wait for the bear. I know it's wrong letting my pride get in the way, but he was the last person I wanted to rescue me. But he was the only person I wanted to rescue me. I was so conflicted between my brain and my heart that I felt like I was fighting two wars at once. And they were internal wars with myself. I looked at my phone and saw that it was beginning to get around seven pm. It was going to be dark within an hour. Maybe I should text Brett, I didn't like the dark that much. I pulled out my phone and started to text Brett.

TO: BRETT
Hey I need he-

My phones screen flashed black.

"NO! PLEASE!" I cried out as my phone shut off. I threw it on the ground. Why did all the bad happen to me at the same time? I needed help, and I would have had it if I wasn't so stupid.

I looked up at the sky, it was black. I couldn't see where I was going. If I keep on walking in the same direction the woods were bound to end. So that's what I did, I kept on walking the same direction that I have been for hours.

I had to have been walking for an hour or an hour and a half, and I still haven't found my way out of the woods. I started walking around blindly, tired and dehydrated and of course being me, I fell down a hill. I rolled and rolled till I reached the bottom. I didn't get up, I didn't have the strength. I was too tired to get up, and for the fact I didn't want to. There was nothing I wanted to do but fall asleep. So that's what I did. I close my eye lids and faded into the blackness.

My eyes flashed opened when arms picked me up from my spot in the ground.

"Hey hey I got you Avery," the voice said to me. It was familiar, but it wasn't Brett's.

"Who are you?" I asked. My words kind of came out mumbled together, but he apparently understood me.

"I'm Scott, remember? We met like a couple of weeks ago." He laughed.

"Why did you find me?" I asked

"There is a boy out here, he is looking for you everywhere. I wanted to help him and find you. So I did" he said calmly. I nodded and closed my eyes again and fell asleep.

I was interrupted from sleep again when Scott handed me off to someone else. I kept my eyes shut though.

"Thank you so much, I tried so hard to find her, but I couldn't." Brett said.

"She was by the Hale house, there's this hill about 200 yards away from it and she was at the base of it." Scott said

"I have never been more scared in my life, thank you Scott. You should get home it's 2:30 in the morning." I almost shot up out of his arms, but I was too tired.

Brett started walking, I am guessing that we were at the end of the woods when Scott handed me off because it didn't take more then five minutes before he put me in the passenger side of his car. He didn't say anything, maybe because he thought I was asleep. I was grateful that he was looking for me, but i was pissed that he let me go in the first place. I peeked my eyes open to look at him, he was so focused on the road and he looked tired and sad. I frowned and closed my eyes, not being able to bear the sight of it anymore.

We stopped, and something felt wrong. He wasn't driving long enough to be at my house, I didn't have the chance to think about it anymore before he pulled me out of the car. I was in his arms, and he was walking. I peaked my eyes open again and quickly shut them when i saw a house I didn't recognise. I felt the warmth of us entering the house and Brett shushed someone. I felt him walk up the stairs, open a door, and set me on a bed. As soon as I hit the bed, I was fast asleep again.

BRETT POV

What was I thinking? Bringing her back to my house. How am I going to explain the lack of parents and the teenagers and several other people living here? I was so stupid. I covered her up and walked down the stairs. At the base of the stairs was Satomi.

"I don't want to hear a word you say. You don't get to yell at me about bringing her home when you say shit to her at the lacrosse game and get her wondering about shit," I spit at Satomi. I haven't had the time to talk to her about what happened, but I was in no mood for her to yell at me. She backed up obviously shocked by my cruelty, and without saying a word she walked away. I raised an eyebrow, impressed with myself. I walked into the kitchen to get a bottle of water and pain pills in case Avery woke up with a headache or any other pains. My sister walked in and started talking.

"Satomi tells me there is a girl in your bed." She stated.

"And?" I asked her.

"Why?" She asked and gave me this look like I was an idiot.

"Because I brought her home! She's obviously not in a normal state, I lost her in the damn woods for over eight hours! She needed a bed and one that was closer than hers. So there's the story." I yelled at her. She flinched a little making me sick.

"How did you lose her?" She said

"She ran away from me," I said

"Did you wolf out?" She said, wide eyed.

"No! Satomi said shit and things got confusing. She didn't understand, but no I didn't tell her." I said

"Well maybe you should, what's the worst that can happen?" She said

"She freaks out and screams Werewolf throughout Beacon Hills and the people on the dead pool find me and kill me." I stated

"No offense Brett, but I don't see her as that kind of girl." She said and walked away.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the water and bottle of pills. I didn't want to tell her, not yet. I set the bottles on the night stand and laid in bed next to her, I wanted to cuddle with her, but I didn't want to freak her out. So I fell asleep with my hands to myself