Chapter 27

Avery POV

From: Brett
Hey can you come pick me up at the middle school?

I instantly replied letting him know I was on my way. He walked to go pick up his sister, so I grabbed his car keys and made my way to the school. I didn't know where the school was, so google was my best friend. I arrived at the school to see that no one was out front. I texted Brett asking where he was when someone tapped on the window of the Mustang. I expected to see Brett, but instead there was a stranger. He was signaling for me to roll down the window, I barely rolled it down enough to where I could hear him speak to me.

"Hey are you here for Brett?" He asked me.

"Uh yeah, do you know where he is? He texted me telling me to meet him here but yet he is no where to be seen." I asked

"Yeah he told me that he had a paper for Lori in here, so do you mind opening the door so I can get it?" He asked me

"Ill hand it to you, so you don't have to go through the hassle." I told him and looked in the passenger seat and saw nothing and then I looked at the completely clean backseat. "I'm sorry sir, but I don't-" When I looked up, I saw something being pointed at me through the window. It looked like something dangerous.

"Open the door now or I will shoot you." He said

'What do you want from me? Where is Brett? Did you hurt him?" I ask him.

"Stop asking so many questions, bitch! Open the fucking door!" He screamed at me. I unlocked the door and the second he opened the passenger door, I opened the drivers side and took off in the direction of the school. He screamed at me and hit his head on the roof of the car. Which was great because he would have had be able to take a shot at me if he hadn't hit his head.

I ran randomly around the school. I was clueless on everything, these people were most likely involved with the dead pool that was after all those supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills, but I wasn't one? Why were they after me? I couldn't seem to figure out why he wanted to hurt me.

I lost my breathe, I had to slow down and stop running, I was far away from where the car was.

To say I was terrified was an understatement. I had no clue what to do so I continued running. He was chasing me. I could hear his footsteps behind me and turned around to see him a significant distance away. I turned, and kept on turning hoping to lose him. When I went to turn again he was standing in the center of the buildings, looking around for me. My phone buzzed.

From: Brett
I can see you, I'm at the building across the way, can you make it back to your car?

To: Brett
How am I suppose to get past the murderer in the center?

From: Brett
I am going to attack him and as soon as I have him down I am going to make a fun to your car. When I attack him run! Lori is waiting for you by the car.

To: Brett
Okay, please be careful

He never responded, he ran out of the building making the guy turn around. Brett knocked his weapon out of his hand and looked at me.

"RUN! Avery GO!" he yelled, I have been so caught up in his attack that I had forgotten that I needed to run. I took off across the middle towards the direction of my car. I turned, scraping my arm on the building causing me to fall. I looked at my arm and it was bleeding. Pretty bad too. Some one touched me on my back, I screamed and looked up to see Brett.

"Hey, no need to scream. I knocked him out. Here, let me help you up." He grabbed my waist helping me get up. I didn't notice I was crying until Brett whipped my face. We jogged to the car where Lori was looking out.

"Oh thank god, I was starting to get worried about you guys. Oh my gosh, Avery what happened?" She asked

"Lori, there is no time. You can ask her when we are safe." he said and got in the drivers seat. We followed in suit and got into the car. Brett drove off quickly.

"I ran to close to the building and scraped my arm and this happened." I answered Lori's question.

"It looks like you took the top layer of your skin off." She told me while examining my arm.

"That sounds pretty painful." Brett commented. He was right, I was in a lot of pain. He pulled up to my house and got out of the car. He was being distant and I didn't like it. He would normally check on me or hold me, but now he was just leaving me alone.

"He is probably mad at himself that you got dragged into it and got hurt." Lori told me, probably reading my face.

"I just wish he would comfort me instead of leaving." I told her honestly.

"As weird as it sounds. I think he is the one who needs to be comforted, his worst nightmare just came true," she told me. I nodded and got out of the car. Brett had already made his way inside my house. I assumed he went up to my room. I walked upstairs and opened the door to find Brett sitting on my bed with his phone in his hand and a first aid kit to his left.

"I was waiting for you. I want to clean your arm out and bandage it so it doesn't get too infected," he told me. I nodded my head and walked towards the restroom. Brett followed in suit behind me. I turned the water on from my sink and started washing my arm. It was even more painful then when I actually hurt it. Brett noticed my distress.

"Here let me help." He said and took my arm and started cleaning it. It didn't hurt as bad when he cleaned it. I felt Brett tense up as he was cleaning my arm, when I looked over to ask him what was wrong, I saw black veins going up his arm.

"Brett what is going on?" I asked him, he didn't answer me. Instead he focused on cleaning my arm and whatever else he was doing. When he was done, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to my bed, where he made me sit and started bandaging my arm up.

"I'm so sorry that this happened to you, the hunter took my phone and next thing I know he was texting you in order to lure me out." He told me.

"I thought it was weird when he said that you sent him out for a paper in your car." I told him.

"I'm glad you didn't let him in the car, why did you get out?" he asked

"He had something pointed at me through the window, I unlocked the door and when he opened his side, I ran" I told him

"You shouldn't have came." he told me

"I thought you asked me too." I told him

"So? You can always tell me no." He told me, I was beginning to get frustrated.

"Well, I didn't and I didn't know it wasn't you." I stated

"God, why why why? Do you honestly think I would ask you to come to the middle school by yourself when I haven't let you leave or go anywhere without me?!" He yelled at me

"I thought you didn't want to walk home or something! All I knew was that you asked me to come and I came." I told him

"Avery, baby, it is so dangerous out there. Please call and make sure it is me next time." he asked, I nodded not able to look up at him. I felt like a complete idiot. I should have known it wasn't him.

He walked over to me and put his hands under my chin. He lifted my face up and kissed me. For some reason when Brett and I kissed, it wasn't just a kiss. It always got heated into a make out session. We kissed and kissed and kissed until Brett pulled away. He put his hand on either side of my face, making me look at him in the eyes.

"Avery," He started "Do you love me?"