Chapter 17

Peter POV

I had just left Gwen—and my shoes—on a random sidewalk. My Spidey senses were tingling like crazy, and I got a feeling that tugged me to Times Square. Something bad was going down there.

Just as I was about to call Kylie to tell her what was happening and that I wouldn't be able to help her, she called me. I picked up quickly—Times Square was in sight, electricity zapping through the air.

"Kylie? Perfect, I was just about to call you. Something's happening downtown. Some power surge," I informed her. I watched as lights in buildings all around me went out as Times Square got brighter.

"You're gonna have to do this thing without me, and quick. I don't know why your family isn't on top of this, it's bad, Lee, really bad. I left Gwen on the sidewalk somewhere. Get the stuff. Now," I ordered. I hung up and finished my journey to the square.

"Please! Stop! It's not my fault!" I hear.

My Spidey senses alerted me as an electric crackling filled the air. I saw a police car flying through the air and about to squash a cop. I smoothly swung in and stopped the car with a web, flinging it out of the way.

"I'm glad you're not one of those cops that rides a horse," I joked.

Some of the cops started firing at a hooded figure I noticed was standing in a circle of police cars. The man was also shown on every single screen in Times Square.

"Hold your fire!" A commanding officer yelled. It took a minute for some of the thick-headed fools to listen and stop.

"Stop. Stop it. Please," the hooded man with a glowing face pleaded.

"Yo, Sparkles! How you doing?" I asked as the figure turned to me. I felt bad for the guy, it would seem that he wasn't in control of what was happening to him. I was just glad SHIELD hadn't snatched him up yet. Speaking of which, where are they? This kinda thing is right up their alley...

"Spider-Man," he breathed. "That's you."

"Yeah, I know it's me," I replied. "Who are you?"

The man looked upset at my response.

"You don't remember me?" He asked. I shook my head in confusion. His voice sounded a little familiar, but I could honestly say I didn't think I'd ever seen Glow Face before.

"No, should I?" I answered with a question.

"I walked into the street, the car almost hit me...You swung me up, you saved me! You said you needed me," he trailed off.

"The guy, you're the guy with the blueprints," I realized. The man nodded his head firmly. Oh god, what was his name?

"Yes, blueprints," he confirmed.

"Yes," I reassured him. "I remember you, of course I remember you, you're my eyes and ears...Uh, what's your name again?"

"How could you forget me?" The man asked heartbroken.

"No, I do. I know it, I know it. Don't tell me," I said, searching desperately for his name in my head. The name tag, it was on the freaking name tag. Ma...Mason? No. Marcus?