+thirty-four

"I'm not sure about all of this, Koeun." Yeri heard a male voice say.

"I think it's the best, but afterall Yeri has the last say." Yeri knew immediately that Koeun was the one speaking. She couldn't mistake her best friend's voice even if she wanted to.

Yeri tried hard to pry her eyes open. She felt like she was ripping her eyelashes off, just from the sheer force of the pulling. Yeri could feel the tears forming under her tear ducts. She wondered what would happen if she started crying but she couldn't open her own eyes. Would the tears be pushed back into her head and cause liquids to form in her brain or would the tears stay by her eyes and cause them swell.

However, instead of the tears causing Yeri to die from some ridiculous means, they moistened her ducts which allowed her to finally open her eyes. She was crying hard and her vision was blurry. It took her a second to process Koeun and Jungkook standing in front of her. Jungkook looked like he hadn't slept for days and Koeun wore dark and thick bags under her eyes.

Yeri gave them both smiles and acted like she wasn't struggling with opening her eyes. Jungkook immediately dove towards her and grabbed her hand. "Yeri, I have been so worried."

Yeri was about to ask him where she was and why he could be worried about her. But she knew this place well. The hospital always gave a strong scent to her, so whenever she was inside of one, it was easily recognized. "Why am I here?" She asked in a dry voice.

Jungkook glanced at Koeun before he answered her question. "You passed out on the bus. Luckily, one of your fans was on the bus so they noticed right away when you didn't look well."

Yeri softly nodded but that gave her a minor headache. Yeri noticed at the corner of her eye that there was a clock on the nightstand. 3:28pm. "It looks like I slept through half of my birthday."

"Actually Yeri, it's the day after your birthday." Jungkook said in a soft voice. "You slept through all of yesterday."

"Oh." That was all Yeri could say. There was nothing else to say.

"I have one more piece of bad news, Yeri." Koeun started. "You have a schedule since the company didn't know about this when they scheduled it."

Yeri sighed. "I suppose there's nothing that I can do. What's the schedule?"

Koeun gulped hard. "Radio Star."

--

Yeri sat at the table without putting her hands on the table. She was incredibly unstable throughout the entire recording of the episode so far. She hoped that if she stayed quiet the entire time that they spoke to the other guests that they would forget that she was there.

"Yeri, you have been especially quiet for this recording thus far." One of the MC's pointed out.

Yeri's worst nightmares of being addressed were accomplished with the MC saying that. She nervously ran a finger through her hair in hopes that it will appear that she's just shy. "Ah, yes."

"You have a lot of interesting things to talk about though." Another MC said as he glanced down at his notes that the show writes for him. "It says here that you trained at SM for a long period."

"Ah, really?" Kyuhyun asked. "I never knew you though."

Another MC spoke up and pointed at Kyuhyun. "That's because you only had eyes for Seulgi."

Kyuhyun blushed and Yeri was nothing but thankful that they took the edge off of her, even if it was only for a split second. Then they finally moved their attention back to her. "Well, I had been training for 4 or 5 years when Red Velvet was formed. I wasn't chosen for the group, so I just assumed that they wouldn't want me for another 4 years. At the time, training for 9 years was really unappealing to me."