Journey Through Echoing Water

-=X=-

No other dreams came that night, good or bad. Sans and I were still shaken by the nightmare from last night. We were both jumpy.

"Good morning, human! Good morning, Sans! I trust you both slept well?" Sans and I exchanged looks.

"Uh, had better." Sans spoke for us.

"Okay, Sans. Oh, I've just finished packing a bag for the human to take with them as they travel through Waterfall." Papyrus put it on my shoulders. It was a little heavy, but manageable.

"Can you two come along with me for the journey? I don't want to go alone."

"I have a meeting with Undyne later, but after that, I'd love to come along, human!" Papyrus boldly said as he grabbed two other bags off the ground. "I thought you would ask that, though!" He passed a bag to Sans.

"Why not. It would be good for a change in scenery." Sans looked in the kit. "What's in here?"

"I brought some spaghetti I made last night in mine, ketchup in yours, and the human has their frying pan, apron, and inhaler in theirs."

"I was wondering where those went. Thanks, Papyrus."

"No problem, human! Now, onward to Waterfall!"

                                                                       -=X=-

It didn't take long to get there. It was just past where Papyrus and I had our battle. Waterfall was much warmer than Snowdin, but not too hot. The rushing water and scent of the air made it all seem so peaceful. This is somewhere I wish was near where Gram's house was.

"Sans, what is that flower?" I pointed at a blue flower that was by itself.

"That's an echo flower. Say something to 'em, and they'll repeat it, over and over." Sans knelt beside it. "Watch. I swear I saw something, behind that rushing water."

"I swear I saw something, behind that rushing water. I swear I saw something, behind that rushing water." The echo flower repeated Sans' words.

"Neat, huh?"

"It can get rather annoying after a while, but yes. There is nothing like it on the surface." I glanced at it before we ran into a little problem.

"Looks like we need to cross over this." Papyrus pointed to a wide waterfall blocking our path. Ice chunks and rocks were falling down and going over the side. "We'll need to be careful."

"Hey, kid, climb up on my shoulders. I'll carry ya across."

Papyrus put his hands on my back and Sans' shoulder as we crossed over. Sans used his magic to push the debris away from us. He set me down on the other side.

"Here we are."

Papyrus said that he had to get to his meeting with Undyne, so he moonwalked out. Sans and I kept going at a slower pace to admire the scenery, though I was at a higher height.

"So, Jessey, what do ya plan on doing when you cross the barrier?"

"Go back to live with my Gram, continue to cook. Keep up my grades in school." I shrugged my shoulders. "Enlist in cooking classes. I don't really know."

"Well, I know you'll make a great chef one day."

I blushed. No one has encouraged me to pursue that dream. "Sans?"