Chapter 1 - Everything Stopped

AUTHORS NOTES:
Hey! Welcome to my story, hope you enjoy. Just some facts for the story.
Carrie is single, a country music superstar
Mike, is taken, dating Nicole, hockey player for the Nashville Preds.

MIKES POV

Looks like an angel, so picturesque
Like she walked right out of the Wild Wild West
She's a devil, in a satin dress
You don't even know her hair trigger's aimin' right at your chest.

"Mike, doesn't she sound amazing!" My girlfriend turned to me with the widest grin on her face. A sudden wave of her strong perfume invaded my nostrils, along with the smell of her shampoo. The smell, too strong for my liking, started to make me feel dizzy.

I was suddenly distracted by the voice of the one and only, Carrie Underwood.

"How are we doin' tonight, Nashville?" She spoke down the mic. And in return, received a deafening roar from the sold out crowd at the Bridgestone Arena.

"Well, I sure am glad to be here with y'all! Thank you for comin' out and let's have some fun tonight!"

She strutted back down the catwalk, back on to the main stage.

"Babe, didn't you hear me? Wasn't she amazing?!" My head turned back to my girlfriend, who looked in awe of the woman on stage.

"Yeah, Nicole, she is....amazing." I turned my head towards the stage to watch Carrie Underwood perform.

Last night, I got served a little bit too much
of that poison baby.
Last night, I didn't things, I'm not proud of
and I got a little crazy.

My mind slipped back to when we had met her just hours before.

My girlfriend, Nicole, whom I had been with for 1 year and a half now, couldn't stop fidgeting.

"Nicole, will you stop moving around. I don't get why you're so nervous?" Wrong question, Mike. I received an unwarranted death glare from Nicole.

"Oh you know, I'm only meeting CARRIE UNDERWOOD, NO BIGGIE!" Her hands flailed in the air, before whacking me in the chest. Although, Nicole was a petite woman, her fists definitely do pack a punch.

"Okay, so it's Carrie Underwood? She's a human too.." I suddenly though of my life. Hockey player, for the Nashville Predators, I was a family favourite. Everyday, I would get fans screaming and yelling for me. Not that I minded signing autographs or smiling for pictures. I just wish sometimes I was treated like normal. I wish they'd start conversation instead of waving a phone in my face for a selfie. We're human too.

The line for the meet and greet, started moving faster, and we started moving closer to the entrance of the meet and greet.

Nicole had decided she wanted separate pictures and decided to go in first, by herself, towards the meet and greet.

I gave Nic a kiss on the cheek and whispered in her ear, "you'll be fine," and gave her a small push towards the entrance.

Seconds after pushing her towards the entrance. I heard a deafening scream.

"CARRIE UNDERWOOD, SO HAPPY TO MEET YOU IM NICOLE!"

I shook my head and laughed to myself, oh Nic. Nic had been my girlfriend for a while now, a year and a half. Recently, she's been asking about the future, about kids and marriage. Things I've always dreamed about. But in that moment, it was something I didn't want...yet.

I love Nicole, and it's been good, our relationship. But I don't see us going anywhere, anytime soon. We're stuck in this part of our relationship, with no prospects of the future.

But like I said. I love Nicole, and it's been good. But wasn't falling in love supposed to be amazing, incredible, indescribable, euphoric? Surely there's more to love than just it being "good".

My thoughts were distracted by the man, at the entrance of the meet and greet, ushering me inside.

I opened the door to the room. And everything stopped.