"Count–" Harry orders as we did sit-ups. "1, 2, 3–" he counted along with us, even though I wasn't counting as well as a few others. He slowly walks around, keeping his eyes on everyone. "13, 14,"

This was our last rep then we moved on to squats, which was the last exercise before we ran one last time. He was so serious with his crossed arms and furrowed eyebrows as he watched us intently. It was very intimidating. After our run that usually ends our workout, he makes us do push ups. Then more exercises after that. I was completely worn out and I could tell the others were too.

"Coach seem different today," Monique points out. "A little on the grouchy side, yeah?"

"I can't tell with him." I sigh, shaking my head.

"Do you have something to tell everyone else, Eversteen?" Harry snaps, glaring at me. "I would love to know."

"I was actually the one talking." Monique jumps in.

"I saw Eversteen's lips moving, not yours." he nods towards me.

"But I barely said anyth-"

"Don't talk back to me." he spat. "Just do what you're told." he demands, then puts his focus back on the workout.

"Do you see what I mean?" Monique whispers.

I just nod, keeping any sound coming from my mouth. He continues to push the girls harder and harder. The discomfort from the workout today was noticeable in their faces, but Harry didn't seem to care. Soon, someone falls onto their butt and complains about the workout.

"Get up, Abby." he rolls his eyes at her.

"This is so tiring-"

Next thing, he takes long strides to her and stands in front of her.

"I suggest you listen to me." he scowls at her. He bent down to get closer to her even though his voice was still raised. "This is why you're not a starter because you're fucking lazy. Get up off your ass-"

I rush up to him and push him back. "Harry, stop! What's wrong with you?" I snap at him quietly.

His green eyes flash and he looks at his surroundings. He lets out a deep breath and backs away.

"I- you are dismissed." he says, walking away to his office.

"Damn, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Leslie snickers, watching him storm out of the gym.

"What do you think is wrong with him?" Monique questions.

"I don't know, but he needs to get checked before speaking to me like that again." Abby scoffs, standing up.

"G-guys, I'll go speak to him." I tell them. "Just keep your distance from his office because I don't know if he'll burst."

"Do you want me to come?" Monique offers.

I shake my head,"It would be better if we didn't gang up on him."

We all go our separate ways. I stand in front of his closed door, hesitant to walk in.

"Just come in already," I hear his voice muffled through the door.

"How did you know?" I ask as I enter.

"I saw your shadow at the foot of the door." he tells me, not looking up from his desk once. He writes on his papers with a lot of force. "Close the door."

I oblige and step in further. I sit in the chair that was set in front of his desk.

"Are you okay?"

"Does it fucking look like it?" he snaps, finally making eye contact. "Is that all you came in here for?"

"Don't talk to me like that." I say sternly.

"Excuse me?" he frowns. "Last I remember, I'm the coach."

"And I'm the girl you were making out with in a bathroom last night at a movie theater." the words spill out of my mouth. His face becomes pale, but he recovers. "Did you forget?"

He clenches his jaw and stares into my eyes. "Now isn't the time to start blackmailing me."

"I'm sick of your attitude and putting it on the girls." I say, staying bold. He rolls his eyes, standing up with his papers in his hands. "If you really have problems at home then leave it there. Also, apologize to the girls for being a jerk."

"I don't take orders from you." he says, turning to me from his filing cabinet. "You think because you let me kiss you that I'll follow all of your demands. Well you thought wrong."

"You're not going to treat me like this." I frown at him and he just laughs, going back to what he was doing.

I get up, rushing to his cabinet and slamming it. He snatches his hand away before it got caught. He looks at me in shock with his wide eyes.

"What the hell, Rylee?"

"I don't want to be known for that student screwing around with their teacher, but I will be if I turn you in." I say. "But I've had enough."

He grabs my shoulders when I try walking away. Then he corners me from leaving.

"You kissed me first, you sparked this whole situation, and if you hadn't, every thing would be the same as always."

"No, you'd be abusing the girls just because you can't deal with the problems you have at home." I retort. "And I only kissed you because you were there after a tough game."

"So you would've kissed anyone?"

"Yes," I lie. I'm not brave enough for that.

"Some would call that a slut, don't you think?"

I gasp, taking strides toward him and hit him, but he grabs my wrists. "I'm so turning you in, I don't care anymore." I say after getting out of his grip.

"Wait, stop!" he says, wrapping his arms around me and twirling me away from the exit. "I'm sorry, –sorry, I didn't mean t-"

"Get off me!" I spat.

He had me pressed against the wall, face forward. His weight made it hard to move.

"Rylee, you're right." he breathes out. "I've been having fights with my wife and I'm taking it out on you girls." he explains to me. "If you turn me in then it'll make everything worse. I could lose everything because of this."

I stop squirming and sigh. "Maybe we should stop before anything starts then." I suggest. "I mean, I have a guy my age who wants something with me and won't cause this much. I don't need this in my life."

"O-okay," he mumbles. "Nothing has happened as of now." he says, backing away from me. "I'm the coach and you're the player. We'll have a regular student and teacher relationship."

"As it should've been."

"You kis– never mind, end of discussion." he breathes out slowly, going behind his desk. "Now go get dressed before you're late for my class too."

I nod, leaving his office. I awkwardly walk down the empty hall then enter the girls locker room. The girls were still here getting ready for school.

"How'd it go?" Monique ask, coming up to me while brushing her hair.

"I- he'll– I don't know." I shrug. "He started yelling at me then things just got messy. I don't want to talk about it."

"Is that the reason why you look like you've seen a ghost?" she laughs. "Do you want me to talk to him?"

"No, no I think he'll back off a bit." I say, stopping her from moving. "We'll just have to see at practice."