JAMES POTTER AND THE CURSED BOOK

James, for once, was reading. He had been studying for his OWL's all week and had no fun with pranks (apart from the time he and Sirius jinxed their food to make the Slytherins hair turn their most hated colour - which all seemed to be either hot pink or Gold and red). This week was the worst of them all. Remus had made him and the other two to do studying and it was really tiring, as stated. He turned the page and there was a small black book before the next chapter. As a curious fifteen year old boy he snached it out of the book and flicked through each of the pages, all of whom seemed to be blank.

*

"What do you mean you lost it, Black?" Severus yelled angrily. 

Regulus started to panic, sweat beading down the side of his head. "I don't know, it was in my Potions book when I went to the library, then Sirius showed up with that Potter, then it went!"

"How?" Snape yelled again, getting very impatient with the younger boy in front of him.

Regulus started to smirk, "well you're a wizard, aren't you? Or are you a disgusting muggle like your father?"

Snape looked taken aback at this. "That isn't of business now, if Malfoy finds out I lost it, we will both go boom. He said it was important to the Dark Lord and if we defy him, we'll both die."

Regulus bit his lip in deep concentration. He then sprung up with a reasonable thought. "It was Potter!"

*

James had now searched the whole book, but there was still no writing on the pages. He had thought it might have been a Slytherins diary so he'd used  'Revelio' loads of times to find the secrets in the book, but still no luck, so he decided to write something in it. He took out his quill and a pot of navy blue ink and wrote 'I am James Charlus Potter!'

He stopped writing, thinking about what to say afterward, but it wasn't the case. Six words popped up from the book 'hello James, I am Tom Riddle.' This shocked James. He'd never heard of a self replying book before. He contemplated on whether or not to tell the others, who were in their dormitory. He decided not to and wrote back 'Hi Tom, do you like pranks?' The answer was a simple 'No, I'd rather study.' James chuckled to himself. 'You sound like Evans!' he told the book. 'Who is Evans?' appeared on the page. 'It's Lily. She's my crush, though she doesn't like me back. I guess. But Sirius says to never give up, and I agree with him.' 'Ah, I see. I've never had much success in love, and don't believe it's 'power. It's quite a bore, really.' James frowned at this statement, he replied back with 'Why? Love is the most beautiful thing ever.' 'I cannot answer that,' Tom said back to James, making him slightly dislike this Tom guy. 'Oh, okay, but I'm just warning you, stay away from those Slytherins! Nasty business, especially Moldy Voldy, a dictator to this world.' The book took longer to reply this time, and when it did, it sounded quite concerning 'oh, I'm sure I won't.' 'Good,' he said bluntly before asking, 'What house were you?' 'That exact house.' 'What Slytherin? Like those lot?' 'Yes. That lot.' At this, James shut the book in panic and shoved it back into the Library one he'd taken from Regulus Black. 

He ran to his dorm, with the library book in his hands, quickly. He opened the door, swiftly sliding into the room. He then, only just realised that he'd waken his mates up. "Mate, we're trying to sleep," he heard Sirius mutter.

"Sorry Padfoot," he said in reply. He messed up his hair. "Wait till I tell you what just happened!"