Chapter VII - Storm (Pt.2)

~Zane's PoV~

        We've been binging Steven Universe for about two hours now, and it's mostly been in comfortable silence, with a bit of chatter here and there. We were now on an episode of season three, nearing the end of it. This had actually been very fun, considering I don't like to talk to new people. Well, true, Travis is necessarily new, but I haven't really talked to him like this. And Travis, being the Casanova he is, even tried that cliché yawn-and-put-your-arm-over-someone's-shoulder trick on me. Of course I stopped him.
        "Oh hey!" Travis was taking peeks outside the thin-striped curtains. "It's raining!"
        "Mm, perfect, I love the rain."
Rather contradictory..
        Oh shut up you. "It's the best type of weather."
        Travis smiled, "Well of course you'd like this type of weather.."
        "Hm, what can I say. I've always loved it when it rained. And no, it's not just because everyone stays at their own house and can't bother me or just because it makes the day rather cloudy. To me there's more meaning." I took a sip of the hot chocolate Travis made for both of us. It tasted so sweet, and somehow tasted somewhat of vanilla.
        I saw Travis's face light up, and he let out a small giggle, almost out of victory. "What're you so suddenly happy about?" I questioned his little outburst of excitement.
        "That's the most you've said this whole day!"
        "Um...?" Confused, I raised a brow at him and cocked my head to the right slightly.
        "Heehe.. don't worry about it..." He had a smug grin on him.
        "What?" I was getting more confused by the second.
        "Hey do you want some more chips?" In my confusion I hadn't noticed he moved from the window to the gray, yet smooth-polished, granite island where the chips were held. He took a golden yellow chip and ate it.
        "Uh.." I decided to let him change the subject, "Sure, I am a bit peckish again." He got some more chips from the cabinet and put some in the tray, arranging it in some sort of pattern.
        While he was busy making sure no chip went away from its designated area, I analyzed his person. He had silver-pearl hair that made even the purest of snow to be put to shame. It seemed to always be parted slightly to his left, making his white fluffy hair to be close to his right eye, almost covering some of it. The soft, light, caramel skin he possessed went beautifully with his milky hair. He had rather chiseled features — his chin was probably the best, next to his ears. His ears were cute. His light jade green poofy hoodie complemented his eyes nicely. Ah, his eyes. The bright emerald green eyes that you could get lost in if you stared long enough. They shone with enthusiasm every time Travis would get excited over something. I'd have to say, his eyes are pretty nice.
        "Checking me out already?" He caught me staring at him so intently.
        "Hmph, in your dreams." I looked away, not knowing how long I was glaring at him, and not wanting it to get awkward. All he did was chuckle, then he brought the chips back to the small coffee table in front of us, and sat down next to me. Then it was another while, just watching SU with a couple of comments here and there. It was pretty nice.
        "Oh my Irene." Travis spoke up suddenly, after a while of quiet. He was looking out the window. "It's pouring out."
        I gazed over and replied, "Oh yeah, huh.." Deciding to try and take a closer look, I got up and brought the curtains farther apart. The room got slightly brighter. I peeked more out, and it sure was raining - hard.
        It seemed like a painting, but in real life. The wind and rain made the whole picture seem as if the painter was angry; streaks and streaks of gray and green blur. Dark blue with hints of almost black spread about the usually partly clear sky. Past the window and street there were trees, and they were very animated. They looked so desperate to escape the harsh wind send simply fly away. If you listened closely, you could even hear the howling, screeching wind the violent smacking of the trees. All the other plants were in distress, flailing around as if it were their last day to live. It was a dismal sight to behold and the whole scene felt cold and distant, although it was right beyond the window.
        I was ripped back to reality as I felt Travis appear by my side. My shoulder felt warm as he brushed past it. "Really is pouring, huh?"
"Yeah..." I trailed off, thinking I've been looking at the sad scene for far too long. Originally, I was going to trudge back to the couch, but I decided to be a functioning member of Travis's house and put away the empty chip tray. "Hey. You gonna want any more chips?"
"Nah, I'm good. Thanks anyway." Travis was busy still looking at the darkened sky outside. Sighing, I grabbed the sad excuse for a fancy tray and made my way to the kitchen. Their floor was pretty nice. It was smooth, small tile.
Just as I located the sink and was moving my arm towards it, a bright light blinded me. Not a second after, a tremendous, booming sound erupted in my ears, and my hand felt weak. My hand could no longer properly grasp the tray, and it was sent crashing to the ground, along with me. Like I have many times before, I swiftly crouched down, tightly closed my eyes and covered my ears. The sound was unbearable.
Thunder...

~Travis's PoV~

Outside was so barren yet overflowing with commotion. So many things weren't happening, yet so many others were.
It's absolutely raining buckets out there. I hope no one was caught in such a-
Lighting lit up the sky, engulfing the heavens with brightness, lightning shook. I opened my mouth to speak, when roaring thunder completed blocked me out. Among the sound, I heard a clattering in the kitchen, and I quickly looked around. All I saw was a flash of black fuzz go straight down.
Zane..?
Suddenly, I was scared.
Why? I have no fear of thunder...but him..?
After about eleven seconds of standing like an oaf across the room, I started to move. One foot in front of the other, slowly making my way to the small whimpering sound. I was at the island now, and I put a palm on the cold stone. Peeking over, a mound of black clothes and straight, jet black hair met my eyes. I felt a knot form in my throat, as I was stumped on what to say. "U-Uhmm.." I croaked, "Zane? Are you-ou okay?"
Damnit Travis, right now it not the time to challenge Garroth to a stutter competition. He'd still win.
I stepped next to him and crouched down, meeting his eye level. "Hey, Zane." I was still at a loss at what to say. So, I did a thing I knew I thought I was pretty good at. My arms went to grab his shoulders, and I brought him close to me. I was hugging him, and I was surprised to see him letting me, knowing he hates hugs. I decided against trying to talk to him, knowing I'd probably get a knew high score for being a Stutter King. So I sat there, having a frightened Zane resting in my arms. Well, not necessarily resting, but I don't think he was really crying. Yes, I did hear whimpers, but something tells me he isn't crying. We stayed like that for a small while, until the thunder and pouring rain started to calm, like Zane did. I felt him move suddenly, quickly rising to his feet. "Uh, Zane?" He said nothing, and I got up too. He was at the couch, gathering his things when I peered over the counter top.
"I... have to go." The black-haired male finally spoke. "Thanks for having me."
"Wh-what? But wait, you were just-"
"Yes, I know." He paused, not making eye contact with me the entire time. "I'm sorry." Then he opened the door.
"It's still raining. You should stay until it's more cleared." I said, trying to make him stay even just a bit more.
"Yeah, but... I'd rather just go." The door closed. He left. I stood there, rather shocked at how quickly he took his leave.
I'm worried for him..
I took my phone from the table in front of the couch and texted Garroth about seven minutes after Zane's swift disappearance.
        Me: hey Garroth has Zane gotten to your place safe?
        Blonde Weirdo: yeah he has why
        Me: it was raining earlier and he just kind of shut down.. just wanted to make sure he was alright
        Blonde Weirdo: yeah he's afraid of thunder, but thanks Trav. I'll check on him
        I put my phone back down.
        I just hope he's okay...

Word count: 1353
HEY how y'all doing. Idk why I said y'all. Anyways.. Here's the next chapter
By the way, how have we already gotten like over 200 views how honestly howww. Thank you all!
Live,
Love,
Lapis,
Bye my beautiful Gems!