Part 15

Jack's P.O.V.

"Jack, honey, were so proud of you!" My mother rejoiced, jumping up and down in her seat. My father nodded, giving me a small smile. "All that I ask is that you keep these fantastic grades now."

The words left my father's mouth without so much as a "good job" or "I'm proud of you". I guess there's just no pleasing him.

About 2 weeks have flown past me, giving me enough time to sort out my feelings a bit. I'd decided to get Mark over some night and have dinner with us. That's when I'd tell them. That is if I'm capable of getting the words out of my mouth.

"Thanks..." I say, grinning some. "I had a quick question," scratching the back of my neck awkwardly, I attempt to change the subject and ask what I've been waiting to ask for the past week.

I look over to see my mother beaming at me with her beautiful blue eyes, similar to my own. "Yes dear?" She asks sweetly, settling down and finally calming herself into a comfy position on her seat.

"Well, I-I umm..." struggling to get the words out, I look over to my dad, a curious facial expression painted over him.

"Well... I was just k-kinda wondering if I could h-have one of my te-teachers over some night for d-dinner?" Cringing internally at my stuttering, I look up again expectantly. "Of course you can! We haven't officially gotten to meet any of your teachers yet, have we? That will be lovely." My mother says excitedly, glancing over at my nodding father.

"Mmm, yes, what's his name?" The man asks, swallowing a mouthful of spaghetti.

"Mar- I mean, Mr. Fischbach," I correct myself, faking a smile.

After discussing the details and such with my parents, I go up to bed to call Mark, nervous and frightened.

Ring... ring... ri-

Hey Jack, what's up!

A deep voice calls enthusiastically through the device, warming my cheeks at the thought of who that deep voice belongs to.

"Hey Mark," a stupid grin takes over my face, and I can only imagine how goofy I must look at this moment in time. "Not much, what about you?"

The conversation went smoothly for a good 20 minutes, before I suddenly remembered why I had called him in the first place.

"Right, right, I get you" I say in a "chill" manner. "Actually Mark, I just remembered why I called you in the first place. It's kind of important." I let out a breathy heh, gulped, and presumed with my words.

"I talked to my parents about you coming for dinner, and they said yes."
Oh, good! Did they say when? The older boy asked happily.

"Yeah, they said if Friday night, 5:30 works for you, we'd have some fancy shit ready," I answered.

Sounds great. (M8)

Now all that's left is to tell them...

Boiiiii s and gurlllllllls how the fuck am on gonna make his parents react? I'm scared mmhmdgcju

Btw the song is call One Day They'll Know. How ironic is that lmao