Chapter 3

When we left school school grounds I realized she had a huge bag on her back.

"Hey it's a 30 minute walk. Do you want me to hold ur bag?" I asked politely.

That is what Cameron always did for me when we walked home together.

She was reluctant and said "No. I'm fine." obviously struggling.

I smirked and pulled her bag off her back, placing it on my shoulder. Man it was heavy. But I pretended it was light so she would not try to take it back.

"No, no I'll carry it" She said trying to pull it off my shoulder.

I smiled and said "No way. I'm taking u to my messy house with no food. the least I can do is carry ur bag."

I watched her face turn red with embarrassment and try to hide her smile, giggling slightly. She was so cute.

"So what are we going to eat then?" She said still laughing but worried.

"Whatever you want. If we get hungry we can walk to the grocery store, or order a pizza. Sound good?" I said showing empathy to her concern.

"That sounds perfect. I have to warn you though I eat like a pig." She said with a smirk.

I stared at her flat stomach and poked it saying "I doubt it u are so tiny. Even I could pick you up."

As those words slipped out of my mouth I remembered my plan for today. I stared at my own stomach and discreetly touched it. It had shrunk. I thought it had anyway.

She smiled at me and said " Your skinny yourself you know. "

I had to hold back tears. She did not know what I went through everyday just wishing I could be like her.

"Thanks...." I replied with my mood going from light and perky to dark and depressed.

I guess she noticed because she looked at me with concern and said "Are you ok?".

I quickly whipped the frown off my face and put on a fake smile with a fake laugh to top it off saying "No I'm fine!"

She saw right through my routine. She looked at me like I just told her I was 8 foot tall and said "Ooooookkkk...... whatever.".

No one ever questioned me after that. Especially if I put a fake laugh with it, not even Abby. How did she know?

It was silent for a few minutes as we waited to cross the street. I looked her up and down as she stared to the opposite side of the road.

She was so perfect. Her hair. I loved her hair. But then something else caught my attention. Her lips. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to pull her head in right now and kiss her.

I never felt that way with Cameron. It actually seemed kind of gross to me. I mean he was practically drooling by just getting near me. I loved the attention he gave me. But I did not like him touching me, or being dirty. It was weird. But I pretended to enjoy it, I did not want to hurt his feelings.

My train of thought stopped abruptly seeing Stacy's red hair halfway across the street. I ran to catch up and she laughed at me tripping over my own feet.

I replied "Shut up" in a playful tone.

She stopped me in my tracks and said "I'm sorry" giving me a quick apology hug.

I could not stop blushing and said "I was just kidding Stacy"

She gave me a smile and I started melting from the heat on my cheeks.