I'm here.

POV Angelina.
The week went by smoothly, until Thursday.

I groaned as I put on my clothes. I don't have any energy left. I changed into jeans, white sweater and scarf. With a beanie cause my hair was fuzzy. A different bag but still my timberlands.

I grabbed my phone to check the time. I turned it on and smiled at my lockscreen wallpaper.

"Goodmorning." I chirped as I poured some cereal. I sat next to Ace, my phone lit up. Signaling that I had a message. I quickly deleted it before he could see it.

A few seconds later Ace was glaring at my phone. Just before it locked he asked. "Who's that?"

"Oh just someone." I cleaned up my bowl. "You done?"

He just nodded and went to the garage. We got in the car. We weren't going with the bike anymore because it was getting cold.

There was a girl sitting on Ace's spot. "You're in my seat." Ace glared daggers at her.

"Ace just sit down somewhere else." The teacher ordered. Forcing me to sit next to this stranger.

"Hey, I'm new here. My name is Ailani." She said cheerily.

"Angelina, it's better if you stay away." I informed her.

"I'll pass, you seem nicer than the girls with super high heels and clothes five sizes too small." She jotted her thumb towards Venice and Carly.

"I'm not exactly the most wanted person here." I tried to make her back off.

"He seemed pretty dead set on sitting here tho." She glanced at Ace.

"He's pretty much the only one that talks to me normally." I shrugged.

"Not anymore, because I want you to guide me around." She winked. "Ya know, give me the does and don'ts. The people not to hang with and such."

"Well, you shouldn't hang with me." I warned once again.

"Nope, not leaving you alone." Ailani shook her head.

"Suit yourself." I turned to the board.

**During lunch**
Ace was with me all the time but he wasn't talking. Ailani went to the cantine as we went to the lockers first.

"Hey Lina." An all too familiar voice greeted while I was grabbing my books. "You look different."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I snapped as Ace stood straighter.

"This doesn't seem like you." He glanced me up and down.

"What do you even know about her?!" Ace stood inbetween us.

"More than you think," Tyson put his hands in his pockets. "Probably more than you."

Ace gave him an 'Oh really?' look. "What does she do if she pours a drink?"

"She takes a gulp, puts it on the counter and goes back to what she was doing. Later she'd return, notice the glass and finish it." Nick answered. I do that? Didn't even notice.

"What's her favorite animal?"

"A koala." Nick grinned.

"What does she hate?"

"Guys stop it already!"

"Shush!" Tyson said. "A lot of things, mostly silence, Venice and probably me." He looked at me as he replied.

"Who is the guy on her lockscreen?" Ace stared at him expectingly.

"She has a guy as lockscreen?" Tyson asked suprised.

"You don't know either?" Ace raised his eyebrows. He turned around and both of them stared at me. I just got out of there as soon as possible.

I went to the gym field, near the woods. There's a big tree, I sighed as I leaned against it.

"Look what we got here." An icy voice disturbed my peace. "Grab her!"

Before I could even react, two dudes took a hold on my arms. "Really Venice?"

"Take this bitch!" She yelled as she punched me in the face. Giving me a cut in my bottom lip.

She gave me a couple more punches. The guys suddenly dropped me and stared at something. I didn't look up, I was too busy with the pain in my ribs.

When I finally looked up, I saw Ace fighting with the guys. I heard a snap and one of the guys ran off, leaving the other with a frightened look on his face.

My lungs were burning and I started to hyperventilate. "Hey! Hey! Angelina look at me!" Ace tried to get my attention while I just stared the grass.

"I can't breathe." I panicked, tears gathered in my eyes.

"Angel, you need to calm down." Ave instructed.

"I can't focus!" I whispered loudly. I felt the grass trying to bring me back to reality. I needed something to remind me that I'm still alive. My eyes were looking anywhere and everywhere.

Ace took my hand and brought it up to his chest. "Angel, you feel that?" He asked, I nodded. "That's my heartbeat okay? I'm here, I'm right here!" He said in a calm voice. I could feel his dog tag through his shirt.

"You're here, I'm alive." I kept whispering. My breathing was becoming more steady but my eyes were still looking for something.

"Focus!" Ace ordered stern yet calm. He took my chin and forced me to look in his eyes. "I'm here." His hand squeezed mine, the one still on his chest.

I calmed down and dropped myself in his arms. Ace pressed my head against his chest while rubbing my hair. "It's not silent. You can hear it beating right?"

"I can." I nodded, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I can." I whispered more to myself.

"Remember that I'll always find you." He swore. "You good?" He pulled back and took my face in his hands.

"I'm alive, you're here and also alive." I nodded.

"Where did she hit you?" He examined my lip and cheekbone.

"Face and ribs." I said groaning as I adjusted my position.

"Lift up your shirt a bit." He instructer. I put my sweater up and there were already bruises forming. "I think you have some bruised ribs, maybe a broken one too."

"Okay, now let's get this day over with." I groaned as I sat up.

"Can you walk?" He asked concered as I winced in pain. "Do I need to carry you?!"

"Don't you dare!" I growled.