Chapter 16: Phil

"Where are we even going?" I said to Dan as our cab sat in rush-hour traffic. Dan exclaimed "I don't know why you keep asking, my answer isn't gonna change. You'll find out when we get there!" I slouched back in the cab seat and sighed, exasperated.

Dan looked over at me and chuckled. "Awe, is Philly sad that he didn't get what he wanted?" He says with mock pity. I playfully pout my lower lip and reply, "Yes, and there's nothing you can do to fix it!" Dan looks at me, clearly taking that as a challenge.

"Nothing? Are you sure that you want to issue that challenge?"
Ah, so he did take it as a challenge.
"Yes."
"You probably shouldn't have said that."
"Well I just did, so deal with it!"

Dan chuckled, then wrapped one arm around me and kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry. Am I forgiven now?" He asked, looking at me with his puppy dog eyes. "No!"
"Ugh, you are so stubborn."
"You bet I am!"
"Guess I'm just going to have to try harder to make me forgive you then."

Dan placed his hand under my chin and brought my lips to his. As soon as he kissed me, all my annoyance and anger disappeared. But he pulled back after a few seconds, which was far too soon in my opinion. I chased his lips with my own, but he said, "Sorry, love. But we're here."

*

"Dan, why are we here?" I ask as Dan pulls me by the arm into a restaurant that I've never been to before. It seems like a normal restaurant. Nothing about it makes me feel like someone would want to throw a birthd-

"SURPRISE!!!"

Dan let go of my arm just in time for my hands to fly up to cover my mouth. "Oh my god, this is amazing! I can't believe you did this, Dan!" Dan smiled and looked at the floor. "I wasn't the only one. PJ helped out too." He gestured to PJ as he walked over. He hugs me and says happy birthday before replying, "Me? No, Dan did almost everything. All I did was pick the food!" He chuckled before commenting, "Which I will now go sample. See you two later!"

Da grabbed my arm, whispering to me, "No one knows about us yet. Do you want to tell them tonight?" I thought about it for a minute, weighing the pros and cons of each, before replying, "I'm not sure yet. I'll have to get back to you on that." Dan nodded his head in understanding before walking off to get some food.

I looked around the place fully for the first time since we got here. It was beautiful, the ceiling had glass chandeliers hanging from it above various tables covered with all different kinds of food: fruits, vegetables, ham and turkey rolls, and cheese cubes. Another table had all desserts, like different kinds of candies, cookies, and, of course, a birthday cake.

I grabbed a plate and went straight for the desserts, piling my plate with mini brownies and candy. Dan came over to me with a plate full of similar items, as well as a turkey roll and some vegetables. "Do you want to go sit down? Or do you want to go talk to people?" I jokingly shuddered, replying, "Ugh, social interaction! No thank you!" He let out a chuckle, and led me to a table before sitting down.

I set my plate on the table, looking around to see who else was here. Louise was standing over by the dance floor-"Dan, you hired a DJ?!"-talking to Zoe, Joe, and Alfie. Connor was standing by the bar, talking to Tyler, Marcus, and Troye. All of them had drinks in their hands.

Tyler spotted me and came over, with Troye and Connor in tow. "Phil Lester, the one-and-only! How are you?" Tyler said, obviously already buzzed. "I'm well, thanks Tyler! And thank you all for coming out here for my birthday!" Troye, who didn't seem to be drunk, said "It's no problem, mate! You know we wouldn't miss it!" A new song started playing, and Tyler exclaimed "I love this song!" before dragging the other two boys onto the dance floor.

I chuckled lightly as I watched them stumble and sway to the music. Dan stood up and walked over to me, watching them as well. The song changed to a much slower one, and people started pairing up to slow dance. "Dan?" I said softly while we watched as people swayed in time with the music. "Yes, Phil?" He replied, turning and looking into my eyes. "I want to tell everyone. I want them to know that we're together."

Dan smiled, offering his hand. "Okay then. Care to dance?" he asked. I thought about it, then took his hand and led him onto the dance floor. I placed one hand on his shoulder as he put his hand on my waist, and holding the other in his hand. As we started dancing, I didn't care who was watching, or what anyone thought about us. All I could think about was him and me, dancing like no one else was there.

*
Aaaaaaand that's all folks! We have reached the end of this book. I was planning to write more but I just couldn't keep going, it was too hard and I hit an immovable writers block with this story.

Someone commented, though, that this was a great way to end the book, so that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Thank you all for putting up with the erratic writing schedule, typos, and everything else that came with writing my first fanfiction ever. It's been fun guys!

I've got a few new things in the works, and hopefully I will start posting at least one of them by the end of January so if you want to see more rings from me feel free to follow me to see when those come out.

I will be doing some editing to the story, but nothing new will be coming out in regards to this book.

Stay classy, guys.

Bye :3