Chapter 14: Phil

~magical time-skip brought to you by Nutella~

Three weeks later

"Phil," I hear Dan's voice drifting through my sleepy subconscious. "Phil!" I hear him say again, but I still don't open my eyes. I feel Dan crawl on top of me. A pair of lips press against my own, and despite myself, I kiss him back. Dan sat up quickly. "Aha! I knew you were awake!" He exclaimed, perched on top of me, smiling triumphantly.

I had been sleeping in Dan's room pretty much every night since he got back from the hospital. In the beginning it was just to make sure he slept okay and to get him anything if he woke up and was in pain. But after spending a week in the same bed as Dan, I decided I really didn't want to go to sleep without him next to me.

I stared up at him, deciding whether to be mad that he woke me up or not. I chose the latter. "Oh, shut up! I should be allowed to sleep in! It is my birthday, after all." I pulled him down for a quick kiss before pushing him off of me and getting up.

*

I walked into the kitchen, which was completely decked out with birthday decorations. In the sink was a pile of dishes, which means Dan tried to make me breakfast. And the scent of burnt food in the air told me he failed. "Oh, Dan." I say out loud. "I tried to make breakfast," he started to explain. "I even looked up Delia Smith recipes! But I kinda ended up burning all of our breakfast food..."

I walked over to Dan and wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him to me and kissing him. He pulled away after a few seconds. "What was that for?" He asked. "Thank you for trying, even if you did fail miserably-OUCH!" I exclaimed as Dan slapped me on the arm. "Oi! I could have stayed in bed late, but I got up to make you breakfast!"

I started to laugh, and after a few seconds, he joined me. We laughed at the whole situation until our sides hurt and we were leaning on the counter and each other for support. Once we stopped laughing, Dan said, "To make up for burning all our food, I'm going to take you out for breakfast. Go get dressed and meet me out here."

*

Dan led me around a corner to a small café on the outskirts of town, so we wouldn't have to deal with any Phans while we are eating. We walked through the door, and I am immediately met with a wave of warm air and the smells of freshly baked breakfast breakfast pastries and coffee.

I look around the café. There is a fireplace covered by a screen on one side, with a few armchairs and a love-seat surrounding it, with a table in between them. There were also other armchairs and couches spread around that side. On the other side, there were wooden tables and booths, with large windows lining the front and side walls.

Dan pulled me over to the counter where we order and got himself a coffee and a bagel with cream cheese. I ordered my coffee, then looked at the pastries in the display case. They all looked so good, I couldn't possibly decide what I wanted! I eventually decided on a strawberry Danish, and Dan paid for everything.

I pulled him over to the love-seat by the fireplace, still slightly cold from the icy January weather. One of the baristas brought our stuff over, placing it on the table before walking away. I picked up the sugar for my coffee, adding some into it and stirring. I brought the cup up to my lips, sipping it slowly so it didn't burn my tongue. Dan, on the other hand, drinks his coffee in big sips, so it's probably scalding his tongue.

I pick up my Danish, biting into it. It was absolutely delicious! I ate half of it before turning to Dan to see if he was enjoying his bagel. He hadn't picked it up yet, and was instead staring at me. "What?" I asked before wiping the crumbs off of my face. "I was just wondering how I got so lucky as to have you as my boyfriend." I smiled at that, scooting closer to him and wrapping my arms loosely around his neck. "I don't know, I guess someone upstairs is rooting for us." I pull him to me, locking our lips together for one, two, three seconds before pulling away.

"Finish your breakfast," Dan says after I pull my arms away from him, "there's something I want to show you." At that, I quickly ate the rest of my Danish, and Dan ate his bagel. After we were both done, he grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers, before leading me back out into the cold. And all I could think about is: where could he possibly be taking me?

*

a/n- OoOoOoh cliffhanger!

Guess what guys? I. Saw. Them. Live. In. Person. That's right, I got to see the people this fanfic is based off of IN PERSON I ACTUALLY DIED ABOUT FOURTEEN TIMES DURING IT! They acted so gay I couldn't handle it. THEY ACTED OUT A FANFIC FOR FUCKS SAKE!

I just really quickly want to tell you guys that I really appreciate all the votes and comments you all leave on this fanfic! They absolutely make my day to see those! I love all of you guys so much!

That's all for now guys! Bye! :3