Urgent Authors Note!!!

A/N:

  I don't usually do this in the place of a chapter but I thought it was absolutely necessary to: A.) explain my unnaturally long absence and B.) explain the circumstances of some complex characters.

  Firstly I do apologize for my lengthy absence. It unfortunately couldn't be helped due to a combination of college, work, and of course personal issues with a side of 'I had no idea where the heck this story was going'. *sigh*. Again I'm sorry about that and I'm adjusting my schedule to allow for more chapter updates.

  As far as complex characters go I think that Key has definitely taken the prize in this story and his mysterious (or honestly just plain confusing) story line is the main reason for this authors note. I've decided that it would be best to shed some light on the madness that has been going on up until this point to prevent you all from being confused by my weird (troublesome) style of writing.

  You may have noticed that Key's mental state is very fragile. In fact he suffers from the mental illness known as multiple personality disorder. This simply means that more than one personality resides in his body. So imagine two completely different people being crammed into one body and forced to coexist together.

  His disorder as you can imagine was brought on by a truly horrific series of events you'll eventually find out in the coming chapters. Key as you know is not the original personality. The original personality is of course Kai who couldn't cope with the tragedies of his life and attempted to kill himself. During the unconsciousness following his suicide attempt his subconscious mind fought to protect itself from anymore abuse Kai was unknowingly causing himself and repressed the memories of the painful events he could no longer cope with. His subconscious also created a new personality since Kai himself chose to hide in his own mind and escape reality for a while.

  Key has close to no memories of his previous self's personality and is currently the more dominant personality of the two. This of course means Key has been in control since waking up in the hospital after the accident. He is not as broken, jaded or self-loathing as Kai and has managed to retain an innocence that Kai has unfortunately lost long ago.

  Both personalities are now fighting to become and remain the dominant personality while their ugly past looms in the furthest corners of their mind waiting for the right moment to return like a tidal wave.

  I've explained all of this to let you know in advance that in the chapters to come I'll be writing from the perspectives of both Key and Kai.

*Sigh*

That was a mouthful...lol.

I hope you lovely people are ready for the DRAMA to come.

(Also plz watch Tokyo Ghoul)

  Xoxo shutup345 :)