Chapter 6 [Riley's POV]

[Riley's POV]

Me and Lexi got out of the car when Sage dropped us at school.

"Have fun, girls!" Sage says as we waved her away.

"Okay, let's go inside! And remember to be in character!" I say excitedly to Lexi as we entered the school gym.

It was decorated spookily and I saw really good costumes.

"We have a lot of competition, Lexi..." I say nervously and jump when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Want a sugarcube, Katniss?"

And there he was, the boy who's so out of my league wearing a wet suit with an actual trident and sugarcubes in his hands.

"Hey, Xander, nice costume!" I say, accepting a sugar cube, "You dyed your hair blonde?"

He usually had his normal dark brown hair but now it was badly painted a shade of blonde.

"Who's Xander? I'm Finnick Odair... And my mom spray painted it so don't judge,wiggy." Xander says pointing at a stray blonde hair peeking outside my wig.

"Shut up, Odair, or suffer the wrath of my arrows!" I say while tucking the lose strand back in.

"Want to dance,Everdeen?" Xander says and shows me his palm. I stare at it for a while and gathered the guts to hold it.

"Okay..." I say shyly.

He grins and takes me to the dance floor where we became the highlight of the night. He was a great dancer but not as good as me.

"I didn't know you had this in you, Riley!" Xander says loudly because of the applause and whoops we were receiving.

"I've been in ballet, hip hop, and any other dance classes that exist since I was three." I say while turning red because of all the attention. I usually tried to blend in with the wall and kept to myself.

"Taking classes and being a natural are two different things." Xander says as we made our way to the school's theatre where the costume winners would be announced.

"How's your sister?" Xander asks as we took our seats.

"Sage's fine. She's at a party at The Vampire Diaries studio with Ian." I reply while looking at Lexi who was peeking through the stage curtain. She was going to announce the costume winners.

"That's cool--" Xander got cut off by a familiar snort and we turn around on our seats, already knowing who it was.

"Please, Xander! Do you really believe this attention whore?" It was Heidi. The most popular girl in middle school and just a plain bitch. She was dressed as the Queen of Hearts.

"Her name is Riley Elena and leave her alone--" I cut off Xander with a raised hand.

"I can take care of myself," I say and glare back at Heidi. "The only attention whore I see here is you. You don't have to believe a word I say nor I need to prove it. Ask anyone here if I've bragged about me knowing the TVD cast and I'll never speak to Xander again."

"Riley no--" Xander protested and I shook my head at him.

Heidi gaped for a while. By now all eyes were on us three and each time Heidi turned her head to ask, everyone shook their heads.

"That's what I thought." I say and turn around to face the stage.

Lexi walked up to the mic and tapped on it. Effie mode was on.

"Welcome,Welcome! Happy Costume Games and may the odds be ever in your favor!" Lexi chirped and turned to one of the glass bowls beside her which held a strip of paper inside.