Chapter Six : Let Life Surprise You!

Dev Reddy

Dev Reddy.

I was playing Asphalt 8 : Airborne in my IPhone 7 when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" I shouted. A maid entered and looked at me with a smile. She was in her twenties, I guess. Her figure wasn't too bad but she was too innocent for me. So I concentrated on my game.

She was staring me with a bloody smile plastered on her face. I wasn't really getting positive vibes from her. I waited for her to speak but she stood there smiling as if I'm some statue who's looking very hilarious. "For God's sake will you speak now?" I said in an irritated tone and threw my phone on the bed. "Sir, Pragya ma'am is calling you. She has some news to share." She said happily. "Okay fine you leave I'm coming." I said and she left the room. Creepy lady.

I stepped out of my room and climbed down the stairs to see my parents, Grandmom, Pragya and Rahul were waiting for me with a smile on their faces. I gave them a confused look to which Rahul smirked looking at me. What's wrong with him now? Actually what's wrong with this whole family? Why are they so happy?

"Brother!" Pragya pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "What happened? Why did you call me? You know how busy I was?" I questioned in an irritated tone. "Oh really? What was my best friend doing in his room?" Rahul asked with smirk plastered on his face. "I was playing a game!" I said excitedly. They all started laughing.

"Stop! Why you called me here Pragya?" I questioned totally irritated. "Sorry brother!" She said trying hard to control that bloody laughter of hers. "Okay listen. You're getting married!" She said excitedly. "What?" I asked confused. "Dev, your Aradhaya said yes." It was Mom.

"What?" I questioned almost shocked as hell. How can she say yes? Has she lost it or what?  "Yes dev. Aradhaya said yes, and she has to also. After all she is my choice." Grandmom said proudly. "Yes, and brother you know what? Your marriage is on this Sunday!" Pragya said excitedly and started jumping. What? Sunday? Today is Friday! Only two days to go? So early? Only two damn days!

"Brother it's okay. Maybe Aradhya also said yes because of her parents. I'm getting positive vibes man. I guess you both will make the best couple." Rahul whispered to me. Best couple? Like seriously? I can't even imagine to live with her in one room and couple? Not even in my wildest dreams!

I gave a small smile as after all Rahul was my brother and he was happy for this marriage. I could see the happiness in his eyes. I didn't want to ruin it. Not only Rahul each an every helper of my house is happy with this. Pragya and Grandmom are so damn excited like it's their marriage. And here I stand with one question-why did she accept for this marriage?

As far as I know Aradhaya always had a wish of living a luxurious life. But her dad being a government employ could never satisfy most of her needs.

Oh yes! Now I get it! Damn! She's marrying me for my money and a luxurious life!  So cheap of her. How can she do this? I can't even escape from this marriage. Why should it always be me? Why can't I find a girl who truly loves me? Oh right, how did I forget that something like true love doesn't even exist.

All these married couples live together as they are just habituated to live with each other and the physical contact they have is just the result of the attraction they have towards each other's body.

I chuckled sardonically at my own thoughts. I came out of my thoughts and saw Pragya and Rahul busy with selecting a perfect ring as a gift for my so-called wife. Grandmom and Mom were busy instructing the servants while Dad was busy with the invitation cards.
Most importantly every human standing here had a true smile on their lips with a glowing face. It's evident that everyone was glad and excited. The reason for all this is me and my marriage.

I never knew I could give happiness to these people. I was a little happy as I am the reason behind all this excitement, happiness and smiles. But the only thing which was hurting me was she was marrying me for money. Bloody gold-digger.

I hate you, Miss. Aradhaya Kumar. I hate you so damn much!

-----

Aradhaya Kumar.

I was busy checking the new fashion magazine. I was bored after a while so I threw that down in the dustbin as it's the place where it should be there. I was frustrated with what my life was turning into. First, Mayira's engagement, then, me crying after one year and now this stupid marriage! I was lost in my wonderland when Mayira came jumping like a two-year kid. Oh god! What's wrong with this girl today? I guess she needs to go for a check-up.

"Mayira are you okay? Come let's go near the psychologist now!" I said and held her hand to which she started laughing like I cracked a bloody joke. Something's surely wrong. But what? "Okay stop it now! I didn't crack any god damn joke for your kind information!" I said in an irritated tone and folded my arms near my chest.

"Okay okay I'm sorry. Looks like someone's in a bad mood. Well I got a good news and I'm pretty sure you'll start jumping after I tell you that." She said excitedly. Okay so it's sure that there's a new surprise waiting for me out there. But what? Hope it's something positive. Oh right, what good had happened in my whole bloody life of twenty-seven years that now something will change?  I mentally laughed at my own thoughts.

"Okay now say what's the so-called news of yours!" I said in an irritated tone. "Oh yeah ofcourse. Guess what? Dev brother said yes to the marriage!" She said happily. "So what's-wait what?" I questioned shocked when the actual news registered in my mind. That idiotic pig said yes to this damn marriage, why? "Yeah and you're gonna become a bride on this Sunday!" She said with tears in her eyes.

"I know it's just too early for you and I even understand that it'll take time for you to adjust but trust me Dev is the best and none can handle you the way he does. Literally he's the best for you and no couple can beat you both. What you've gotta do is just trust him and give this marriage a chance and automatically you'll love him from the core of your heart." She said to which I just nodded positively as I didn't know what else to do.

God! I'm literally stuck! Only I know how he is! That bloody moron! Eww!  I know I'm never gonna love him as this love and all doesn't even exist. I'll divorce him as soon as I can after our marriage and I'm pretty sure he also wants this. He can never stick to one girl. Never!

Oh wait! Why didn't I ever thought of this? Of course that bloody womaniser is marrying me because I'm so damn hot and beautiful. He's so disgusting! Eww! Where am I stuck man?

My so-called parents will now kick me out of my house in the name of marriage. I can't even trust them. How should I keep an eye on them so they won't harm Mayira? It'll atleast take 3-4 years for Mayira's marriage. Now I seriously want divorce! Atleast for Mayira's sake.

I hate you, Mr. Dev Kumar. I hate you so damn much!