21!! That’s basically illegal!! No it IS illegal. Kayla rolled her eyes.

“We’re werewolves we don’t have the same rules as humans.” She obviously read my expression. Wow this is gonna take some getting used to. Jamie was now talking to one of his friends.

I and Kayla walked over to them.

“Mike…you know Kayla and…Daniella.” He hesitated at me name, as if he was unsure of how to introduce me. I rolled my eyes.

“Hey.” I greeted…I smiled at Mike, who blushed, I laughed.

“Uh…Hi…Alpha—”

“No, No! Just Daniella.” I didn’t want people thinking I was better than they are.

“D-Daniella.” He looked so nervous. He had dark curly hair and big, brown eyes and his hair came down and covered his eyebrows that made him look so young.

Then Jamie gestured to the other guy who was smirking casually at me. His eyes wandering. I held back a shudder. His hair was brown with a bit of blond and it was curved to the side…it made me think of Justin Bieber. I almost laughed because he was my least favorite singer. He was tall and muscular he had broad shoulders, unlike Mike who was kinda short and skinny, but he was so adorable! Anyways, his eyes were bright blue, which creeped me out before no one’s eyes should be THAT bright of a blue color. It’s almost like they glow in the dark. Not that he’s ugly…But he could never match Brian’s sexiness. Then I got kinda mad when I thought about what he did to Kayla. I’m gonna have to have a talk with him. Tell him not to be so mean to people. I don’t want people to be afraid of him…or me for that matter.

“This is Mitchell.” Jamie introduced. I shuddered at how close that sound to Mitch. Ugh I’m so glad I’m away from those awful people. I didn’t know if I could take the abuse. He smiled and held out his hand. I shook it and smiled.

“Hi…nice to meet you Daniella.” He said, letting go of my hand. Then Jamie looked over to a guy sitting at the table. “That’s Miles…but he’s mute he doesn’t make friends very well.” Jamie explained the guy didn’t look over. Jamie just shrugged.

“So is this yalls first time here?” Mitchell asked.

“Yeah.” I nodded. He nodded and smiled. Most of the time was spent getting to know people around the room, which surprisingly everyone was pretty friendly… except this one group of girls. Jamie warned me away from them since they were known as the “bitch crowd” they were giving me hateful glares the whole time I was mingling. But I got along especially well with this girl Rebecca and Stacey they were best friend but really nice they had invited me to the mall tomorrow. Which I thought would be great.

Never in my life have I been this social. I usually kept to myself in school and never really made any friends but I feel so comfortable here. Mitchell was really friendly a little too friendly he would always stand just a little too close and would touch me “accidentally”

But my mind went elsewhere when Brian came in. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him. People started whispering and snickering. I didn’t want to talk to him right now. He walked right up to me. I didn’t acknowledge his presence.

“What do you want?” I sneered not looking at him. He grabbed my hand and held. I couldn’t ignore the warm tingling feeling I got when he touched me.

“Can I talk to you in private?” He asked hopefully. I looked around me. Rebecca and Stacey looked shocked.

“No.” I turned away from him and grabbed Kayla and started to walk off. But he grabbed my arm.

“OK! I’m sorry for acting all crazy and shit.” He apologized. Wow.

“Whatever.” I started walking away again. But he held me.

“Wait! Please. I don’t want you to be mad at me.” He eyes pleaded with me.

“Well I’m not the one you should be apologizing to.” I said turning to Kayla. He looked at her and she clutched my arm.

“I’m sorry Kayla.”

“And?” I said.

“I won’t do it again?”

“And?”

“I don’t know what else!!”

“She gets to come to OUR room anytime she wants and another thing.” I said stepping to him. “I want to make my own decisions like for instance I’m going to the mall tomorrow.”

His eyes darkened and he looked angry or something.

“I’ll come with you.”

“No its girls day!” I said I could handle myself without him.

“Well you’re not going then!” He said.

“You can’t control me!!” I yelled can’t believe this!! He isn’t my father.

“Ok sweetheart just let me explain, but it’s not safe for you to go outside without protection.”

“And why not.”

He looked around clearly not wanting to discuss this with everyone watching. He pulled me out of the room and into the hall and he started walking towards the elevator. We got in.

“There are Demons after you.” Is what he said. I got to admit I was a bit afraid, but he comforted me and told me I wasn’t in danger if I stayed in the house, but he still wanted precautions.

I thought back to the doctor. Should I tell him? Of course, I mean what if the doctor is a demon and he gets me alone and snatches me and takes me to the underworld. I shivered at the thought. Oh man how many days has it been? Since I got here. It seems as if I was he for months yet it was nothing more than a couple days either way I was pretty tired. I walked beside Brian, wondering how I got so lucky to have him. He arrived at his bedroom and I immediately sighed and plopped down on the bed wanting to nap. I saw Brian smile and turn to his wardrobe where he began to undress and change into a suit.

I looked at him puzzled.

“Where are you going?” I asked sitting up on the bed as he tied his dress shoes.

“I have some business to take care of.” He said simply. He grabbed a backpack looking thing and walked over to me and kissed my forehead.

“I’ll be back tomorrow afternoon ok?”

I had a queasy feeling in my stomach; I really didn’t want him to leave. Not now. Not when that delusional doctor is around. The one who….killed my parents. Tears came to my eyes at the thought he wanted to kill me too. He wanted to kill my whole family…but why? I never hurt a fly.

Panic swept across his face and he held my head in his hands wiping away my tears frantically.

“No No…its ok I’ll be back soon I promise.” He said pulling my into an embrace and breathed in his scent. Trying to calm my heart, I should tell him. Yeah then, he won’t leave me alone with Wright.

“Brian.” I said my voice was scratchy. I cleared my throat

“Yes sweetheart.” He said looking into my eyes with worry.

“I got to tell you—” I was drowned out by his phone ringing. He picked it up looking annoyed. He sighed as he listened to the other person on the phone who seemed angry.

“Yeah whatever.” He shut his phone and pecked me on the lips and picked up his bag.

“Sorry Danny I really got to go I’m really late.”

“But—”

“Everything will be fine. I promise…I love you.” He kissed me again long and hard. It made my heart swell each time he did. He started walking towards the door and right before he closed it.

“Oh and lunch is on its way up ok…bye Daniella.” Then he shut the door behind him. Why did that goodbye sound so final?