Chapter Seven: Just Too Easy

The world spins when I open my eyes. I have the slight feeling that I'm falling. There is no pain, but I can't think straight about the simplest of things.

The television is on and turned to some mystery - I think. It takes me a few minutes of squinting at the screen and hearing the name "Winchester" before something finally clicks.

I hear laughter and turn my head slightly to the right. All the guys and Safire are sitting on the floor. They're asking each other questions. In between Zach and Eddie's shoulders, I see Safire's phone laying in the middle of the circle they are sitting in. I can tell it's hers by the black and blue case covering its exterior.

"Easy, I don't have one." Zach says and swipes his finger on the screen. They lean in and say Safire's name in unison. She smiles a bit.

They must have a spinning wheel or something. I wonder what they're playing.

"Hold on a minute, I'm thinking." Zach states when Eddie pushes him a little and tells him to not keep the girl waiting. Eventually, he snaps his fingers. "I've got one." I can barely see an evil smile on his face with only part of his face visible from his position. "Who do you like most out of us, including Ryan?"

Smiling, she says, "People will get hurt if I answer that question."

"So?" Zach says. "We're men. We can take it."

"Fine then, if you're so tough." She sticks her tongue out at him. "I don't think I have one."

"That is not an acceptable answer!" Zach and Eddie yell and then laugh.

"You just said it five minutes ago!" She defends and giggles. "Was it acceptable then?"

"Hell, yeah!" He counters. "It was about food! That's not as important as people!"

"Says you!" Safire laughs. "I love food more than half of the people I've met."

"Gee, that's nice." Brent comments.

"Not you guys though." She promises. "Not even chicken nuggets can compare to you guys!" She looks over to the curly haired bassist sitting beside her with his legs crossed. "Except for maybe Brent." She winks at him.

"Thanks." He replies in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm just kidding! Why do you have to take these things so seriously?" She smiles. He shrugs.

She spins the wheel and it must land on Brent. "And since I get to ask you a question now - why do you hardly ever talk?"

He shrugs again and looks up at the television. "You all better feel like princes and a princess right now because I'm missing Supernatural for you people."

"Some of us are royal pains, if that's what you mean." Drew says and smiles. Brent shoots him a glance.

Safire stands up abruptly. "I'm going to go get something to drink. You guys want anything?"

"Some form of caffeine." Zach says.

"With ice." Eddie adds,

"All right, I'll be back." She smiles and turns on her heels.

"I'll get it." Brent speaks up. She turns back around to face him. "You sit back down and finish the game."

"Nah, I've got this." She assures before checking her pockets. "As soon as I find where I put those last ten dollars."

Brent reaches into his back pocket and takes out his wallet. He counts out a few dollars and hands her the money. He holds it out to her. Her eyes widen. "I would feel guilty adding a quarter to the debt I owe you five, and you're trying to give me all of this? You must really hate me, Brent Kutzle." She says in amazement.