chapter 27 ♣ meeting of love, oneness of hearts

Despair. Rage. heartbroken. Bitter. Empty. Oh! he felt all of that and more. Lifeless. Detached. Consumed and damn close to tears. The list was endless actually. He had lost his reason to live, hope to live. She had left. God! she had left him for over four weeks now . He had been unable to sleep well because his bed had been empty, cold. He had been unable to eat well because there was nobody smiling, sitting across from him as he took every bite. He felt numb and at the same time felt raw pain. His heart was thoroughly shattered, clenched tightly. If this woman's intent all along was to hurt him, she had succeeded tremendously because physical pain, no matter the extent, he could bear. but a pain like this embedded deep into his soul was killing him slowly, painfully, with no way to stop it except with the aid of one person. Just one person in this world and she didn't even want to see him, loathed him but he loved her to pieces. He knew he broke her heart by not telling her, but he had been sworn to secrecy and now, she went to go and hear it outside.

His friends Fredrick and Hazel had of course tried to cheer him up but none of it had worked. He needed to see one person, just one person then he was going to be okay, he was going to be fine. He was presently in his room or rather in his bathroom having a cold shower. Despite the fact that she had left him, he still got hard by just thinking of her. He slowly turned off the shower, dried himself up and wrapped the towel loosely around his waist, throwing another one over his neck after using it to slightly dry his hair.

He then opened his door and came face to face with Kate. Joy. Tears. Love. Fullness. Happiness. He felt them all at once that it became overwhelming.

"hy" she said before he could say anything.

"Hy. What are you doing here? Why did you come back?" Wayne asked calmly though he was anything but. His nerves were rattling though, he managed to maintain a cool exterior.

After a month, Kate had finally summoned up the courage to be able to come back to this house and approach Wayne and she reasoned out how the situation was going to be a thousand times in her head. Was he going to be happy when she came back? Be in tears? Be in love? Be angry? But she had never expected this. She had never expected him to be this calm, this detached, having that faraway look in his eyes, she had never expected him to look this unconcerned and act as if he didn't know her or had never seen her before in his life, not when she spent every waking night dreaming of him, fantasizing about him. Evelyn had probably taken up her place as Wayne's new wife soon as she left Kate thought grimly, and the bitter green taste of jealousy overwhelmed her as she slowly watched a drop of water trickle down Wayne's chest, down to his abs, and disappear under his v-line and desire immediately flared in her eyes. Damn it! She shouldn't be desiring this man! she firmly told herself. Surely she couldn't still want him, still love him after all what he had done, but God help her, she did.

Wayne saw the desire in her eyes as the air was immediately filled with unbearable sexual tension. Desire swamped Wayne as he watched Kate's eyes follow that droplet of water down his body. He saw her own eyes fill with desire and their eyes met, with the temperature between them getting hot by the moment.

But Kate immediately broke the trance when she broke their eye contact and spoke up

"I came here to get the truth. The real story leading to the death of my mother"

"Nice to meet you too Kate"

"what happened that night when my mother came here?"

"I see you're doing well Kate. How are you?"

"Did my dad come along?" Kate persisted, desperately wanting to skip the pleasantries part.

"Shall I get you something to drink? You're looking farmished " Wayne said, smirking. Two could play this game.

"was it true that my mother poisoned Queen Rachel?"

"how are your family members Kate?"

"Wayne! Are you going to answer me or not?!!" Kate asked getting frustrated

She was getting angry? Good.

"why don't you sit down Kate? You're looking stressed out "

"Ugh!... Do you know the full story or not? Do you know the whole truth?" she said, trying desperately to control her anger as she sat

"shall I get you something to eat Kate? You're looking tired"

And her anger blew up!

"that's it! I knew that coming here was a mistake!! I knew that coming here to ask you to tell me the truth was a foolish thing to do! I'm leaving! Damn you Wayne!!!" and with that, she stood up. As she started walking towards the door, Wayne grabbed her arms, spinned her until she was facing him and kissed her. She immediately kissed him back! And they began tearing... ripping each others clothes like crazed wild animals in heat! Wayne had delebrately made her angry, he knew he had. He had seen desire, passion in her eyes for him and she had immediately squashed that and he knew that the only way he could bring it back was to get her angry and that was exactly what he had proceeded to do.

° ° ° ° °

He woke up first, tired and hungry, with Kate still sleeping soundly beside him, no doubt, she was very tired. She had come in yesterday afternoon and after their little banter, they had made love from that afternoon up till this morning, nine times. They couldn't get enough of each other, after being away from each other for so long and even now, he was still inside her. He had wanted to make love with her for the tenth time but she was already too tired so he had decided to allow her rest, they had all the time in the world to copulate again and damn if he was going to let her leave him again this time. After all what he had been through in the last four weeks, he didn't want to experience that again. He didn't wish that kind of pain for anyone, including himself.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

I'm glad I finally took the time out to post this chapter. It took quite some time, and at some point, I even had to put the book on hold.

I'm so grateful to every single one of you. Each and every single one of you has played a huge role in the success of this book and for that, I'm forever grateful.

Now, there's just one more chapter to go before we finally come to the end of this too amazing characters.

I hope you'll miss them, cause I will..........

See you in the next chapter.

Please don't forget to:

* vote

* comment

* follow

Thanks alot. Cheers Estyshawl........