Chapter 31

Maya's P.O.V.

"Ugh!!" I heard him groan. 

Was I really harsh? he seems different than other celebrities... After all, he's a human too. He too has feelings and I might've hurt his. 

I stopped abruptly just at the exit of the cosy coffee shop and turned around to take a quick glance. 

But he caught me glancing at him....

He came running to me. 

"Please Maya, give me another chance. Please. I beg you." he said, with the most pleading eyes. I sighed. He was literally begging me for a chance like I begged my teacher back in school for marks... Hey, I was a good student, but my maths teacher had no mercy on me.

"Okay. But it's just for an hour because I've got work. I'll tell you the place and all later."

"But how will you contact me? You don't have my number!." He said.

"I have my ways." I answered. He looked creeped out. Did he take it in the wrong way?

"I'm not going to hack your phone or something!" I told him and he seemed relieved. 

"Okay." He smiled at me. I gave him a small smile and went on my way.

He wasn't as celebrity-mannered, was he?

I took a cab and head to my home. And yes, that's it for today. I have to go to the office tomorrow, though.

I reached my home in around half an hour, and when I went in, there was an envelope lying on the table. Looking at it closer, I came to know that it was a wedding card. I took it into my hands and started to open it. That's when I heard my stepmom's devilish voice.

"Tere baap ke dost ka beti ki shadi hein. Ghar aake card diye. Kal jaao." (Your father's daughter's wedding. They have come here and invited. Attend it tomorrow.) I nodded and went into my room, taking the card with me. I fell on my bed, face first. Although today wasn't hectic, I was exhausted. 

I glanced at the card. I don't even know these people. What would I do there all by myself? That too, a wedding. Indians give a lot of importance to weddings and spend a lot too. In an Indian wedding, you would see the ritual going on one side, and you see  people dancing, eating, roaming here and there and what not. 

It's quite a sight...

I don't want to go.... But there's no way. What if I take someone with me? Yeah, that seems a better idea.

But who?

The name that popped up first was.... 

Zayn. 

I don't know why.

"Would it be okay?"
"Why wouldn't it be?"
"But he's a pop star!" My brain fought with itself. Why was I thinking so much? 

Okay, it's decided. 

I'm taking Zayn with me to the wedding. 

.

.

.

Next morning

The alarm on my phone woke me up cruelly, as every other day. I groggily got up (A/N : Reference to the last chapter!) and got ready. I wore my usual work outfit - a black pencil skirt and a full sleeved shirt, with a blazer on top. It's really suffocating for Delhi's weather, but I've got no other option.